Man U keeper credits I-pod for Carling Cup win over SpursMarch 2nd, 2009 - 2:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.2 (ANI): Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster has given credit to his I-pod for the teams victory against Tottenham Hotspurs in the Carling Cup final on Sunday.
The Sun quoted the England stopper as saying: Just before the shootout I was looking at an I-pod with goalkeeping coach Eric Steele. On it were images of Spurs taking penalties. Id been told if OHara took a kick that he would probably go to my left. It was great that was exactly what happened and I managed to get a hand to it.
Foster saved Tottenhams first spot kick from Jamie OHara in the shootout. Foster then saw David Bentley crack his penalty wide as United netted all four of their kicks. Foster added: I did an awful lot of research on who takes penalties for Spurs. Id been given a lot of information on which way they put kicks.
The I-pod is Erics innovation. Its an amazing tool, you can brush up straight away.
England boss Fabio Capello watched Fosters heroics in Uniteds 4-1 shootout win.
And Ferguson said: Hell be Englands keeper for the next number of years. I just pray he has more luck with injuries. (ANI)
- England FA sees Tottenham boss Redknapp as one of Capello's successors - Dec 06, 2010
- Tottenham stars can win World Cup for England - May 07, 2010
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Redknapp is Fergie's choice for England manager after Capello - Jan 16, 2011
- Parker to captain England against Holland - Feb 29, 2012
- Ferguson sees Foster as England's first choice goalkeeper - Mar 02, 2009
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Shearer backs 'experienced' England squad to win World Cup - Jun 07, 2010
- Capello holds talks for Russia job: Sports Minister (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Spalletti backs Guardiola, Semak for Russia post - Jul 11, 2012
- I will take a penalty if needed: Hart - Jun 22, 2012
- Spalletti backs Capello for Russia - Jul 15, 2012
- Sunderland striker Bent recalled to England squad - Nov 09, 2009
- Manchester United win Carling Cup in shootout - Mar 02, 2009
- I was 'pissed off' after England exit: Capello - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: ben foster, bentley, boss, carling cup, coach eric, david bentley, england, eric steele, fabio capello, ferguson, goalkeeping coach, heroics, hotspurs, i pod, Images, innovation, london, manchester united goalkeeper, ohara, victory