Man suing Federer’s manager ‘has new evidence to prove betting claims’October 16th, 2010 - 1:29 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 16 (ANI): The person suing IMG owner has claimed that he has new evidence to prove that Ted Forstmann obtained inside information from Roger Federer before betting on one of his tennis matches.
Jim Agate, who owns the printing company suing IMG for gambling-connected tax losses, filed phone records with the court which he says prove Forstmann called Agate the night before the 2007 French Open final, and that Agate immediately called a Costa Rican betting service to place the bets.
Agate also filed wager reports allegedly detailing the Federer bets.
Ironically, Federer lost the ‘07 French Open to Rafael Nadal - also an IMG client - allegedly costing Forstmann a bundle.
All tolled, Agate claims Forstmann lost 96,000 dollars in the days surrounding the Federer/Nadal match and Agate filed a receipt for a 96,000 dollars wire transfer to prove it, the money which Agate says Forstmann paid him for the gambling losses.
Forstmann’s rep, Michael Sitrick ahs told that these allegations is an “absolute lie” made by a “desperate man.”
Sitrick hasn’t seen the documents Agate filed, but says he wouldn’t be surprised if they’re phony, reports TMZ.
Federer denies giving Forstmann any inside info about the match in question.(ANI)
- Tiger Woods, Roger Federer manager sued over alleged shady betting - Oct 14, 2010
- Federer says he has asked IMG chief about betting allegation - Nov 10, 2010
- Tiger Woods manager demands extortion investigation - Oct 15, 2010
- Betting claims '100 pc not true', says Roger Federer - Oct 16, 2010
- Padma Lakshmi had hoped 'millionaire Teddy Forstmann was dad' - Jan 27, 2011
- List of French Open winners in last 10 years - Jun 11, 2012
- London Olympics: Betting houses offer odds on diverse things - Jul 27, 2012
- Tri-Valley University head indicted in visa fraud - May 04, 2011
- Police arrest 235 people in World Cup illegal gambling blitz - Jul 16, 2010
- Nadal overpowers Federer to reach Australian Open final - Jan 26, 2012
- Djokovic ends seven year Federer-Nadal domination at the top - Jul 04, 2011
- Italy captain Buffon probed for illegal gambling - Jun 01, 2012
- US drops charges against Rajat Gupta - Aug 06, 2011
- Djokovic: Taking on Nadal in French Open final is ultimate challenge - Jun 09, 2012
- 500 m dollars gambled away in Indo-Pak WC semi-final: Speed - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: agate, allegations, bets, desperate man, french open, gambling losses, match, michael sitrick, money, new evidence, printing company, rafael nadal, receipt, roger federer, tax losses, ted forstmann, tennis, wager