Man Citys 243 million pounds offer for Kaka stuns FergusonJanuary 17th, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 17 (ANI): Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that he is stunned by Manchester Citys phenomenal 243 million pounds offer for Brazilian striker Kaka.
Ferguson is usually the big spender in Manchester. So Citys offer of 108 million pounds for the AC Milan star, with the same in wages and 27million pounds in fees left him stunned, The Sun reported.
I find it hard to get my head round to be honest. It is amazing. From time to time you get shocks and surprises. This is surprising everyone, Ferguson said.
But Fergie could not resist a little swipe at the City who, despite lashing out 32.5million pounds on Robinho in August, are only two points off the drop zone.
It would be a statement of intent. That is probably the thinking with Robinho first and Kaka next. It can encourage other players to join. But the fact is they are not where Liverpool or Chelsea is and we have to look at the teams around us. You can only worry about the ones who are taking the trophy off you, Ferguson said. (ANI)
- AC Milan in talks with Man City to get Robinho - Aug 31, 2010
- Kaka likely to join Manchester United in Jan 2011 - Jan 02, 2011
- Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour loses 440 million pounds - Jan 18, 2009
- Abramovich ready to fund 25 million pound bid for Kaka - Feb 12, 2011
- Brazilian striker Kaka may join Manchester City for 243 million pounds - Jan 16, 2009
- Ancelotti vows to dump Man U out of Champion League - Mar 19, 2011
- Liverpool offer Carroll for Tevez - Jan 29, 2012
- Scolari puts entire Chelsea squad on sale - Jan 17, 2009
- Chelsea squad not good enough: Ancelotti - Apr 20, 2011
- Torres 'big club' dig at Liverpool - Feb 01, 2011
- Manchester City set for 65-mn pounds Ribery swoop - Oct 10, 2009
- Man U's Fergie putting 70-mln pound master plan in place should Ronaldo quit - Apr 19, 2009
- Robinho begs Manchester City to let him quit - Jul 30, 2010
- Chelsea set to pip Manchester City to sign Neymar - Mar 21, 2010
- Manchester City should sign Kaka quickly, says manager Hughes - Jan 19, 2009
Tags: ac milan, alex ferguson, big spender, boss, chelsea, drop zone, liverpool, london jan, manchester united, robinho, shocks, sir alex ferguson, statement of intent, striker, stuns, sun, surprises, swipe, trophy, wages