Man City owner overtakes steel tycoon Mittal again in football rich owners listOctober 7th, 2010 - 5:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct. 7 (ANI): Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nayan has reclaimed the top spot in the FourFourTwo.com Football Rich List, overtaking Queens Park Rangers stakeholder Lakshmi Mittal.
The ever-rising price of oil has helped Sheikh Mansour, increase his wealth by an estimated three billion pounds to a total of 20 billion pounds.
Mittal’s fortune, on the other hand, is valued at 17 billion pounds, down from 18.4 billion pounds that he was estimated to have had a year ago.
Also moving down a place is Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich (7.4 billion pounds), who now stands in fourth place - his lowest ranking since arriving in English football in the summer of 2003.
Uzbek-Russian tycoon Alisher Usmanov has overtaken him (8 billion pounds).
Former Manchester United and Real Madrid star David Beckham is the highest ranking active player, with an estimated wealth of 100 million pounds, a figure which dwarves that of all of his contemporaries.
Michael Owen is the second richest player on this list, but still has wealth that is 40 percent less than Beckham’s.
Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney has dropped out of the top five wealthiest players, with his estimated worth plummeting from 37 million pounds to 25 million pounds following a difficult year on and off the pitch for the striker.
Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United, 34m pounds), Sol Campbell (Newcastle United, 31m pounds) and Ryan Giggs (Manchester United, 27m pounds) are ahead of Rooney in the top five rich players list. (ANI)
- Rooney tops world footie star 2009-10 rich list with 33 m pounds - May 02, 2010
- Mittal tops Abramovich in worlds top 20 rich list - Jan 07, 2009
- Manchester City third-highest payers in world sport - May 02, 2012
- Russia's richest tycoon names $100 mn Yacht after mother - Jun 01, 2012
- Recession notwithstanding, Abramovich worth nearly 11 billion pounds - Feb 16, 2010
- Lakshmi Mittal stays at top of UK's rich list, Anil Agarwal at 10th - Apr 25, 2010
- Mittal second in Britain's richest football club owners list - Jan 07, 2009
- Messi, Mourinho highest paid in world football - Mar 22, 2011
- Man-U, Becks top Forbes rich-list - Apr 22, 2011
- India's richest lost 20 percent of wealth: Forbes - Oct 27, 2011
- English Premier League clubs vie to cash on Beckham's popularity - Jan 02, 2011
- Bagging Rooney will enable Manchester City to 'win everything': Tevez - Oct 22, 2010
- Rooney's hooker scored a hat trick by romping with 3 other footballers - Sep 06, 2010
- Roman Abramovich buys island for $400 million to showcase his art collection - Dec 08, 2010
- Russian journalists fired for photos targeting Putin - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: chelsea owner roman abramovich, david beckham, man city, michael owen, nayan, newcastle united, owner roman abramovich, price of oil, queens park, queens park rangers, real madrid, rich list, rio ferdinand, russian tycoon, ryan giggs, sol campbell, star david, steel tycoon, usmanov, wayne rooney