Major league baseball playoffs: NY Yankees to face Detroit TigersOctober 3rd, 2011 - 11:16 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Oct 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The New York Yankees were brought back to earth with a shocking 3-5 loss to the Detroit Tigers. The first game in the playoff series between the two sides ended 9-3 in favor of the Yankees on Saturday. The Tigers turned the tide on Sunday to put the series at 1-1. With everything leveled again, the stakes have been raised for both teams.
The two sides will meet in the third game of the series on Monday. The Yankees are definitely bruised and they will come out firing at all cylinders in the game on Monday evening. The other game on Monday will be between the Texas Rangers and the Tampa Rays.
Interestingly, the odds are not that favorable to the Yankees despite the obvious fact that they have the strongest team. In the last 10 playoffs that the team has been involved in, they have won 5 and lost 5 after they won the first game. More interesting is the fact that in the last twenty years, only three teams which are considered favorites ahead of the playoffs have actually won the series.
The both games on Monday will be played at 8:30 pm ET.
- MLB playoffs: Yankees thrash Detroit Tigers - Oct 05, 2011
- A number of upsets happen in the Major league baseball playoffs - Oct 10, 2011
- Major league baseball playoffs - Oct 03, 2011
- 2011 ALDS to kick off on Friday - Sep 30, 2011
- MLB playoffs: NY Yankees need to win today's game at any cost - Oct 04, 2011
- World Series 2010 Has Been Scheduled - Oct 23, 2010
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Derek Jeter Fakes Being Hit By Pitch In Video - Sep 17, 2010
- Texas Rangers Register Victory In Must-Win World Series Game 3 - Oct 31, 2010
- Legendary Manager Ralph Houk Dies At 90 - Jul 22, 2010
- Monday Night Football: Philadelphia Eagles vs Chicago Bears - Nov 07, 2011
- New Orleans Saints vs NY Giants - Nov 29, 2011
- Boston Red Sox moves to the top of the 'Al wild card chase' - Sep 28, 2011
- Ron Washington Shows Pride For His Rangers - Oct 23, 2010
- San Francisco Giants Win First World Series In Fifty Years - Nov 02, 2010