Maicon wants to return to BrazilJune 7th, 2012 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, June 7 (IANS) Inter Milan defender Maicon reportedly wants to return to Brazilian football club Cruzeiro.
The 30-year-old Champions League winner is involved in a legal battle to leave the Italian Serie A club, Xinhua reported.
“It’s a delicate situation with a legal process and millions of dollars involved,” the player’s agent Antonio Calienda said.
“I think his destination will be Brazil. I don’t know the details and it’s still not clear yet what he will do,” he said.
Cruzeiro president Gilvan Tavares this week said the club was close to signing a high-quality right-back, fuelling speculation that Maicon would return to his former club.
Maicon has made 177 first-team appearances for Inter since joining the San Siro outfit in 2006.
- Forlan signs with Brazil's Internacional - Jul 07, 2012
- AC Milan's Robinho plays down home return - May 07, 2012
- Kaka's father in talks with AC Milan - Jun 25, 2012
- Fred on target for Fluminense in Brazilian Serie A - Aug 16, 2012
- Robinho plays down return to Santos - May 05, 2012
- Forlan, Seedorf promise success for new clubs - Jul 08, 2012
- Corinthians settle legal battle with Adriano - Jun 03, 2012
- Robinho expected to return to Santos from AC Milan - Mar 23, 2012
- Corinthians interested in signing Uruguayan striker Forlan - Apr 19, 2012
- Brazilian club Santos keen to re-sign Robinho - Apr 14, 2012
- AC Milan seeks Kaka-Ibrahimovic swap - Jun 19, 2012
- Apologetic Adriano receives warning - Sep 05, 2012
- Seedorf leaves Milan after a decade for Botafogo - Jul 01, 2012
- Alcoholism nearly cost Cicinho his career - Aug 02, 2012
- Seedorf double inspires Botafogo - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: brazil rio, brazilian football, champions league, delicate situation, football club, high quality, inter milan, italian serie, league winner, maicon, rio de janeiro, san siro, speculation, tavares, team appearances, xinhua