Mahindra’s Moretti wins second race of Italian ChampionshipsApril 9th, 2012 - 4:54 pm ICT by IANS
Imola (Italy), April 9 (IANS) Mahindra Racing’s Riccardo Moretti and Sarath Kumar finished first and seventh in the second race of the Italian Championships 125cc category.
After heavy rain, the track was still wet for the race Sunday.
Moretti got a good start and had to fight immediately with other riders to take the lead.
At the end of lap 10, Moretti got the chequered flag while his team-mate Kumar ended securing his first points of the Championships.
“It has been a really tough race. My bike improved a lot compared to yesterday’s qualifying, but we were not still 100 percent with the set-up. My technicians were still impressive to allow me to win the second race in a row,” said Moretti.
Moretti maintains the lead in the standings with 50 points while Kumar is ninth, thanks to the nine points earned here. The next race will take place April 29 at Monza.
- Mahindra Racing felicitates Indian rider Sarath Kumar - Apr 23, 2012
- Motorsports: Moretti scores for Mahindra Racing - Jun 24, 2012
- Motorsports: Sharath scripts history for Mahindra Racing - Apr 30, 2012
- Mahindra Racing triumphs in Italian Championship - Mar 26, 2012
- Mahindra Racing enters Italian Championship with Indian rider - Dec 01, 2011
- Kawaski rope in Gadea as replacement for Lascorz - May 04, 2012
- Double for Sarath Kumar - Sep 09, 2012
- Close races likely in National Motorcycle meet - Jun 01, 2012
- Mixed fortunes for Mahindra at Estoril GP - May 07, 2012
- Moto-Rev Team dominate day 1 of racing championship - Jun 02, 2012
- Rookie motorbike rider Ramesh bags a double - Jun 03, 2012
- Jones, Bolisetti dominate MRF Challenger races - Feb 13, 2010
- Rajini dominates superbikes class - Aug 12, 2012
- MotoGP still a distant dream for Indian riders: Mahindra Racing - Nov 15, 2011
- National motorbike races hotting up - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,