Mahindra Racing felicitates Indian rider Sarath KumarApril 23rd, 2012 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 23 (IANS) Mahindra Racing felicitated their Indian rider Sarath Kumar for becoming the first Indian to score points in the Italian Championship.
Mahindra Racing, the first Indian team to compete in the Italian Championship, created history after Sarath scored his first points in the competitive Championship during the second round in Imola.
The team got off to a spectacular start in its maiden entry in the Italian championship this year with ex-Italian champion, Riccardo Moretti, winning the opening two rounds in the 125 GP class. Kumar finished seventh in the second round for a personal tally of nine points after a technical issue forced him into early retirement in the opening race.
“We are delighted by Sarath’s performance at Imola and are confident that he will only get better. Mahindra Racing sees the Italian championship as an opportunity to nurture and grow rising Indian talent like Sarath. Riding in a championship with such high standards is a great opportunity for him to hone his skills and develop into a world-class rider,” Mufaddal Choonia, Chief Operating Officer, Mahindra Racing, said in a statement.
Sarath said it was a moment of great pride for him as the Italian Championship is one of the most competitive breeding grounds for emerging talent on the racing circuit.
“I would like to express my gratitude to the Mahindra Group for all their support and encouragement and I look forward to delivering a strong performance in future races,” said Sarath.
- Mahindra Racing enters Italian Championship with Indian rider - Dec 01, 2011
- Motorsports: Sharath scripts history for Mahindra Racing - Apr 30, 2012
- Mahindra's Moretti wins second race of Italian Championships - Apr 09, 2012
- Motorsports: Moretti scores for Mahindra Racing - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahindra Racing triumphs in Italian Championship - Mar 26, 2012
- MotoGP still a distant dream for Indian riders: Mahindra Racing - Nov 15, 2011
- Close races likely in National Motorcycle meet - Jun 01, 2012
- Mahindra Racing bag points at Le Mans - May 20, 2012
- Mahindra riders make top-15 finish in Czech Moto GP - Aug 14, 2011
- Double for Sarath Kumar - Sep 09, 2012
- Leaders to have it tough in National bike racing - Sep 07, 2012
- Close battles in the offing at national racing - Aug 24, 2012
- Big grids likely for National Motorcycle Championship - May 29, 2012
- National motorbike races hotting up - Sep 02, 2011
- Rajini clinches National Racing Championship - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: breeding grounds, chennai, chief operating officer, early retirement, emerging talent, encouragement, gp, gratitude, italian champion, italian championship, mahindra group, pride, riccardo, sarath kumar, tally