Luke has to show he is the man to fill Freddie’s bootsDecember 9th, 2009 - 12:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec.9 (ANI): All-rounder Luke Wright has four days to show he is the man to fill Andrew Flintoff’s boots in the England squad.
Wright is in the frame for a dramatic England Test debut against South Africa - after being regarded as a one-day specialist until now.
According to The Sun, the Sussex all-rounder, 24, can press his case with strong performances in two warm-up matches.
England play an Invitation XI in a two-day game here today - and another two-dayer against the same opposition starting on Friday.
Freddie was effectively two players in one and, now he has retired from Test cricket because of injury. England is struggling to balance their team.
England likes Wright’s energy and attitude and the management reckon he has the ‘ticker’ for a big occasion. (ANI)
- Luke Wright ready to be England Test all-rounder - Oct 24, 2009
- Wright vows to cement his place in England squad - Dec 13, 2009
- England's ODI success no reflection of Ashes chances: Flintoff - Jun 29, 2010
- Luke Wright says Strauss the right man to lead England against Proteas - Oct 29, 2009
- West Indies sweating on batting trio as tour bowls off - May 06, 2012
- Flintoff slams India's lacklustre attitude - Aug 19, 2011
- Ashes-winning heroics in 2009 finished me: Flintoff - Mar 17, 2011
- Oz players crossed line in Perth Test: Flintoff - Dec 27, 2010
- Retired Flintoff to launch TV career - Sep 17, 2010
- Matthews fails fitnes test, dropped from Sri Lanka squad - Mar 23, 2012
- `Bressie is my heir in England squad,' says Flintoff - Jul 22, 2010
- Flintoff's career not over: Moores - Aug 09, 2010
- Flintoff withdrawn from England's Champions Trophy squad - Aug 24, 2009
- Medical team advises Flintoff to delay return from injury - Aug 03, 2010
- Marsh replaces Brett in Australian ODI squad for South Africa - Oct 13, 2011