London Olympic tickets unveiledMay 22nd, 2012 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 22 (IANS) The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) officially unveiled the design of the Olympic Games tickets.
The tickets have been designed by Futurebrand, part of McCann Worldgroup. The design of each ticket features the sport pictogram and the colour scheme reflects that of each venue to help spectators reach their destination.
Each ticket will be printed with a hologram, a barcode and name of the booker as well as several other security features to reduce counterfeiting. This will ensure every ticket can be traced to the person who purchased it, reported Xinhua.
With Paralympic Games tickets on sale Monday, the LOCOG has also reiterated the importance of purchasing only from authorised sources.
LOCOG CEO Paul Deighton said, “With the Olympic Flame now making its journey towards the Olympic Stadium and with less than 100 days to go before the Paralympics, I can’t remember a more exciting week on the road to London 2012.”
“It is important now that people keep their tickets in a safe place ready for Games time and also to be wary of websites and organisations claiming to have Games tickets to sell.”
“In many cases, they simply do not have them to sell and there is a real danger people will end up being out of pocket and missing out on seeing the Games. If in doubt, check our website and be 100 percent certain you are buying from an authorised source,” Deighton said.
- London 2012 ticket resale from Jan 6 - Dec 15, 2011
- Fake Olympic goods seized in Britain - Jun 08, 2012
- London Olympics uniforms unveiled - Nov 23, 2011
- Archery spectators turned away from Lord's - Jul 28, 2012
- London Olympic contingency tickets to go on sale - May 09, 2012
- Paralympic torch and relay route unveiled - Mar 01, 2012
- Russia cracks down on Euro 2012 ticket touting - May 27, 2012
- Paralympic Games: Over 70,000 new tickets go on sale - Aug 27, 2012
- London 2012 organisers to auction Olympic torches - Jun 21, 2012
- Coe hails Olympic test events a success - May 10, 2012
- Badminton incident not acceptable: IOC - Aug 01, 2012
- London 2012 committee unveils Olympic and Paralympic posters - Nov 05, 2011
- London apologises to North Korea after flag blunder - Jul 26, 2012
- London Paralympics Games organisers launch short film - Aug 27, 2010
- London Olympics organisers and BOA embroiled in cash row - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: barcode, colour scheme, deighton, hologram, locog, london 2012, mccann worldgroup, olympic flame, olympic games, olympic stadium, olympic tickets, organising committee, paralympic games, paralympics, pictogram, safe place, security features, spectators, venue, xinhua