London Olympic contingency tickets to go on saleMay 9th, 2012 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 9 (IANS) A total of 900,000 Olympic Games contingency tickets will go on sale Friday, the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has confirmed.
About 20,000 people, who were unsuccessful in the initial Olympic ballot application and then again failed in the second round of sales, will be given priority to have access to the tickets 31 hours earlier than the rest of the eligible applicants, starting from 11 a.m, May 11 to 6 p.m, May 12, reports Xinhua.
These tickets, to be sold on a first-come-first-served basis, will then be offered to the one million people who applied in the initial ballot but were unsuccessful.
They will then have an exclusive five-day sales period. Any tickets unsold during this period will go back on general sale from May 23 at 11 a.m..
The tickets, available at www.tickets.london2012.com, include 5,000 to the Opening Ceremony, 6,000 to the Closing Ceremony, and 50,000 to athletic events.
Remaining tickets for the Paralympic Games will go on sale from 11 a.m., May 21, 100 days ahead of the opening ceremony of the Paralympics.
- London 2012 ticket resale from Jan 6 - Dec 15, 2011
- Paralympic Games: Over 70,000 new tickets go on sale - Aug 27, 2012
- London Olympic tickets unveiled - May 22, 2012
- More London Olympic tickets going on sale - May 15, 2012
- First torchbearer for Olympic torch relay announced - May 11, 2012
- 2012 London Olympics torch relay to pass through 1,000 places - Nov 07, 2011
- Beckham, five young guns to bring Olympic Flame to UK - May 16, 2012
- Paralympic torch and relay route unveiled - Mar 01, 2012
- Coe hails Olympic test events a success - May 10, 2012
- London Paralympics Games organisers launch short film - Aug 27, 2010
- London Olympics uniforms unveiled - Nov 23, 2011
- London 2012 organizers confirm route for Olympic Flame - Mar 19, 2012
- London 2012 anti-doping laboratory receives seal of approval - Apr 24, 2012
- Ticket sales going 'very well': 2012 London Olympic organizers - Mar 16, 2011
- London Paralympics open in 'journey of discovery' - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: ballot application, closing ceremony, contingency, eligible applicants, first come first served basis, initial ballot, locog, london, olympic games, one million, opening ceremony, organising committee, paralympic games, paralympics, priority, sales period, xinhua