London Mayor Boris Johnson fails to get Olympic ticketsJune 2nd, 2011 - 2:25 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, June 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Londoners were in for a major surprise when they learnt that their mayor Boris Johnson was unable to get tickets for the Olympics, despite trying for numerous tickets. He caused a stir when he revealed that he had applied for the tickets, yet he wasn’t granted any. Boris also said optimistically that he would keep on trying till he gets hold of them.
At a public event, he revealed that he is all set to try again and again till he is successful. He desperately wants the tickets for himself and his family and is going to try all means to get them.
He said that, “Obviously, it makes me even keener to get re-elected and get there. I, like everybody else, am going to have another crack at it in July and if I fail then I am going to have another go in November.”
The chairman of the London organising committee (LOCOG) – Seb Coe divulged that there have been many detractors of the system which allots the tickets, but he feels that it is a very fair system. He also added that many people are going to be left devoid of the tickets as it is not possible to grant them to all the applicants.
- London 2012 ticket resale from Jan 6 - Dec 15, 2011
- Badminton incident not acceptable: IOC - Aug 01, 2012
- London launches Paralympic torch relay - Aug 24, 2012
- Beckham, five young guns to bring Olympic Flame to UK - May 16, 2012
- Seb Cole promises London will not become 'siege city' during Games - Dec 29, 2011
- London Olympic tickets unveiled - May 22, 2012
- First torchbearer for Olympic torch relay announced - May 11, 2012
- Olympics: British PM announces more cash for athletes - Aug 13, 2012
- London Olympic contingency tickets to go on sale - May 09, 2012
- Beckham in line to captain Great Britain team for London Olympics - Dec 27, 2010
- London Mayor upbeat over upcoming Olympics - Jul 20, 2012
- Coe backs Thompson to light the Olympic flame - Jul 15, 2011
- Beckham to be part of opening ceremony - Jul 25, 2012
- 2012 London Olympics torch relay to pass through 1,000 places - Nov 07, 2011
- London Olympics motto 'Inspire a generation' unveiled - Apr 18, 2012