London Marathon Results 2010April 25th, 2010 - 9:29 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
London, United Kingdom, Apr 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Victory for Russia’s Liliya Shobukhova in the London Marathon 2010 Women’s race came after an exhausting run of two hours twenty-one minutes and 59 seconds. While Liliya Shobukhova won the London Marathon Women’s race, the winner of the Men’s Marathon was Tsegaye Kebede of Ethiopia. The first runner-ups in the women’s and men’s marathon were Russian Inga Abitova and Kenya’s Emmanuel Mutai respectively. The third place in the women’s race was secured by Ethiopian Aselefech Mergia.
The London Marathon which is considered as one of the biggest marathon event, this year as well saw a huge participation from runners all over the world. However, the event has come up with some disappointing and exciting surprises. Britain’s Mara Yamauchi who was thought to be one of the toughest contenders this year faded out during the run. She could not keep up the pace as Liliya Shobukhova increased the pace over the Tower Bridge. Mara Yamauchi told the media after the race that though she had started early with a good speed she could not manage to keep up the pace later on. She added that perhaps she was not very well prepared and would like to return to the London Marathon next year.
The London Marathon’s Wheelchair women’s race win went to Japan’s Wakako Tsuchida. The defending champion Amanda McGrory finished third while Swiss Sandra Graf held the second position. In the Men’s Wheelchair event Canada’s Josh Cassidy and Switzerland’s Marcel Hug managed to leave a mark while Dave Weir suffered a flat Tyre. Dave Weir was considered as one of the prospective winners this year.
- Big star cast for Airtel Delhi Half Marathon - Nov 26, 2011
- Kipsang, Keitany win London marathon - Apr 22, 2012
- Tsegay favourite to win Delhi Half Marathon - Sep 10, 2012
- 30,000 expected to run in Delhi half-marathon - Nov 18, 2010
- Kenyan Sammy Kirop eyes new record in Delhi half marathon - Nov 25, 2011
- Desisa, Kabuu crowned winners of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon - Nov 27, 2011
- Results Of Chicago Marathon 2010 - Oct 11, 2010
- Marathon motivates people to be active: Delhi Lt. Governor - Nov 21, 2010
- Bangalore's 10k race to see elite athletes - May 11, 2012
- Boston Marathon Results Declared, Africans Dominate - Apr 20, 2010
- Kenya's Kipsang to debut in Berlin Marathon - Sep 14, 2012
- Four races in Paralympic marathon - Sep 08, 2012
- Muthai, Aselefech win Delhi Half Marathon (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Delhi gets ready for Airtel Half Marathon - Oct 31, 2009
- Delhi ready for half marathon, 2009 champion Merga pulls out - Nov 20, 2010
Tags: cassidy, contenders, dave weir, defending champion, emmanuel, flat tyre, good speed, kar, kebede, liliya, london marathon, mara yamauchi, prospective winners, runner ups, tower bridge, tyre, ups, wakako, wheelchair event, wheelchair women