London Games opening ceremony kicks-off at 9 p.m.July 26th, 2012 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 26 (IANS) The much-awaited opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics will start from 9 p.m. London time and will run for no more than three hours.
British director Danny Boyle, of Slumdog Millionaire fame, and another famed director Stephen Daldry have conceptualised the opening ceremony.
The ceremony, which has been shrouded in secrecy, has been named the “Isle of Wonder”. The name has been inspired by William Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
The Big Ben, famous clock tower, will sound the start of the opening ceremony of the Games.
According to reports, Beatles’ Paul McCartney will be performing with Bruce Springsteen at a pre-ceremony event. British actor Daniel Craig, best known for his role as James Bond, is also likely to feature in the opening ceremony.
- 'Isles of Wonder' theme of Olympic's opening ceremony - Jan 28, 2012
- Supergroup being formed for the 2012 Olympic - Apr 26, 2011
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
- I won't be doing London Olympics: Ringo Starr - Jul 25, 2011
- Olympic opening ceremony in numbers - Jul 28, 2012
- Queen in a helicopter, Beckham on a boat: what more can you ask for? (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Spectacular, innovative opening to 2012 London Olympics (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Olympics: Queen 'Bonds' with Craig at opening ceremony - Jul 28, 2012
- Take That to perform at London Olympics? - Jul 18, 2010
- Danny Boyle explains 'Isles of Wonder' (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- Opening ceremony a warm-up act for Games: Danny Boyle - Jul 28, 2012
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Danny Boyle to be 2012 Olympic opening director - Jun 17, 2010
- James Bond to open London Olympics - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: 2012 london olympics, beatles, big ben, british actor, british director, bruce springsteen, clock tower, daniel craig, director danny boyle, famed director, james bond, london games, london time, millionaire, opening ceremony, paul mccartney, secrecy, stephen daldry, tempest, william shakespeare