London 2012 ticket resale from Jan 6December 15th, 2011 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 15 (IANS) The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) has confirmed the ticket resale process for the mega event will begin Jan 6.
Those who have bought tickets directly from LOCOG before Jan 6 will be able to resell their tickets via www.tickets.london2012.com from Jan 6 until Feb 3. There will then be further opportunities to resell from Spring 2012, it was announced here Wednesday.
The resale process will allow those who are no longer able to attend or no longer want their tickets to sell them to other sports fans and help ensure that venues are full during the time of an event.
Those who purchased tickets from LOCOG and wish to resell them will be able to choose which tickets they wish to resell via their ticketing account on www.tickets.london2012.com, Xinhua reported.
“I am convinced that most people will want to hold on to their tickets, ” LOCOG CEO Paul Deighton said.
“But we are pleased to offer this resale programme which will give those who wish to use it an opportunity to securely sell their tickets to others who wish to go to the Games or purchase more tickets and help us to achieve our aim of having full venues.”
Remaining tickets for the Olympic Football Tournament and the Paralympic Games are currently on sale until Feb 6 when the seat allocation process will begin.
- London Olympic tickets unveiled - May 22, 2012
- London Olympic contingency tickets to go on sale - May 09, 2012
- London Olympics uniforms unveiled - Nov 23, 2011
- Coe hails Olympic test events a success - May 10, 2012
- London 2012 on time and within budget - Jun 14, 2012
- IOC starts London Olympics' tickets probe - Jun 17, 2012
- London 2012 organizers confirm route for Olympic Flame - Mar 19, 2012
- Badminton incident not acceptable: IOC - Aug 01, 2012
- We want to maximise benefits from Olympic Games: Cameron - Jan 10, 2012
- Recruitment begins for London Olympics volunteers - Sep 15, 2010
- London apologises to North Korea after flag blunder - Jul 26, 2012
- Beckham, five young guns to bring Olympic Flame to UK - May 16, 2012
- London 2012 anti-doping laboratory receives seal of approval - Apr 24, 2012
- Paralympic Games: Over 70,000 new tickets go on sale - Aug 27, 2012
- LOCOG apologises to India for opening ceremony incident - Aug 01, 2012