Loeb wins Argentina rally titleApril 30th, 2012 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, April 30 (IANS) Citroen’s French racer Sebastien Loeb won the Rally Argentina for the seventh time, coming in 15.2 seconds ahead of teammate Mikko Hirvonen of Finland in the fifth stop of the 2012 World Rally Championship.
Racing across Argentina’s Cordoba mountain range, the eight-time World Champion (2004-2011) crossed the finish line in 5 hours, 34 minutes and 38 seconds (05:34:38), well ahead of second-placed Hirvonen Sunday.
Norway’s Mads Ostberg (Ford Fiesta) took third place, a full three minutes and 10 seconds behind Loeb, after Spain’s Dani Sordo (Ford Fiesta) was forced to abandon the race due to what appeared to be alternator failure, Xinhua reported.
Fellow Norwegian Petter Solberg (Ford Fiesta) finished sixth despite having given up any hope of a win after going out of the track Friday when he was 20 seconds ahead.
- Sebastien Loeb wins his 6th Mexican Rally - Mar 12, 2012
- Loeb wins Rally of New Zealand - Jun 24, 2012
- French driver Sebastian Loeb wins Acropolis Rally - May 28, 2012
- Castrol ranking: Karthikeyan best among Indian drivers - Jan 15, 2010
- Ford Rally Kit For Fiesta Hatchback In Market Soon - Nov 03, 2010
- Spectator killed, four injured in Dakar Rally (Lead) - Jan 03, 2010
- Qatari driver takes lead in Dakar rally - Jan 04, 2010
- Schumacher top overtaker in 2011 F1 season - Dec 25, 2011
- Ford offers a rally kit for Fiesta - Nov 03, 2010
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Japanese Grand Prix - Oct 10, 2010
- Filipe Albuquerque Wins Race Of Champions Title - Nov 29, 2010
- China, US to battle it out for top position in London - Jul 22, 2012
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, both Force Indias in top-10 - Nov 13, 2011
- Leaders to have it tough in National bike racing - Sep 07, 2012
- Full grid of Swift unlikely in National Championship - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: aires, citroen, cordoba, dani sordo, finish line, ford, ford fiesta, mads, norway, ostberg, petter solberg, rally argentina, rally championship, sebastien loeb, seventh time, teammate, three minutes, time world champion, world rally championship, xinhua