Lleyton Hewitt sets up an overseas base in the BahamasMay 30th, 2009 - 7:26 pm ICT by ANI
Bahamas, May 30(ANI): Former World No. 1 tennis star, Lleyton Heyton and his wife Bec have set up their overseas base in the Bahamas.
According to reports they have secretly bought a property on the Atlantic Ocean tax haven. The Herald Sun reports that the couple made the decision to set up their home in the Bahamas in February because of its climate, lifestyle and proximity to the US, where Hewitt plays many of his tournaments. Hewitt had resisted the advice of establishing an overseas base for long, but the desire to have prolong his career by cutting prompted a change of mind.
Hewitt is the latest in a long line of Australian tennis players and golfers to live offshore. Sources said the Hewitts and their two young children are enjoying the privacy of the Bahamas.
Hewitt already owns properties in his hometown Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney. (ANI)
- Hewitts release pics of newborn baby girl in OK! magazine - Nov 16, 2010
- Tennis star Lleyton Hewitt and wife welcome their baby girl - Oct 25, 2010
- Hewitts expecting their third child in December - May 24, 2010
- Hewitts cash in on newborn's name - Oct 27, 2010
- Hewitts' luxury Bahamas house revealed - Jun 10, 2009
- Australian Hewitt likely to shift base to US - Jan 27, 2009
- Hewitt's Adelaide mansion up for sale for less than he paid for it - May 01, 2009
- Bec Hewitt sues New Idea mag over 'new man in her life' slur - Jul 14, 2009
- India's apex court saves Vodafone $2.2-bn tax burden (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
- New Idea magazine apologises to Bec Hewitt over brother mix-up - Aug 12, 2009
- Roddick to take on Djokovic at Olympics - Jul 30, 2012
- Federer beats Hewitt to level Davis Cup play-off at 1-1 - Sep 16, 2011
- Bec Hewitt's counsel claims magazine article was a grubby story - Aug 14, 2009
- Somdev loses to Hewitt from the brink of victory - Apr 09, 2010
- Tiger Woods' new $60m den that boasts running track, 4-hole golf course - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: atlantic ocean, australian tennis players, bahamas, bec, climate, desire, golfers, herald sun, hewitts, hometown, Life Style, lleyton hewitt, melbourne, proximity, sun reports, sydney, tax haven, tennis star