Liverpool all set to dump Joe ColeApril 25th, 2011 - 2:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 25 (ANI): Liverpool is likely to dump Joe Cole as the former England playmaker has struggled to make an impact at Anfield since signing as a free agent from Chelsea last July.
Cole has started in just eight league games this season and now Liverpool is ready to cut their losses on the 100,000 pounds-a-week star.
“It’s tough on Joe because he is a great kid. But things just haven’t worked out for him,” The Sun quoted a Liverpool insider, as saying.
“Kenny is building a new Liverpool with the likes of Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez and he wants to bring in more new players in the summer. And, unfortunately, that means Joe will be surplus to requirements,” the insider added.
Liverpool would want 10 million pounds for Cole and West Ham, where he burst through as a teenage sensation, is keen along with Tottenham. (ANI)
- Dark cloud over Liverpool lifted with departure of Torres - Mar 24, 2011
- Carroll may start against France in Euro 2012 - May 30, 2012
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Carroll will be better than Drogba, says Joe Cole - Mar 31, 2011
- 'Benitez-built weak and short on talent Liverpool squad' - Apr 06, 2011
- Liverpool coach Dalglish wants Carroll as replacement for Torres - Jan 31, 2011
- 'I told Joe before game about scoring against him,' says Carroll - Apr 13, 2011
- Tottenham's 'record' 25 million pound bid for Carroll - Jan 29, 2011
- Liverpool close to inking 18 m pound deal with Suarez - Jan 20, 2011
- Suarez slapped with fine and ban for obscene gesture - Dec 29, 2011
- Liverpool manager Dalglish hails 'hat-trick hero' Rodriguez - Apr 24, 2011
- Luis Suarez charged by FA for racial abuse - Nov 17, 2011
- Torres wanted to join Chelsea since last summer - Feb 02, 2011
- Liverpool offers Joe Cole massive 4.7 million pounds deal - Jul 18, 2010
- Torres 'big club' dig at Liverpool - Feb 01, 2011