List of venues for 2018 World Cup to be announced Sep 29September 5th, 2012 - 3:36 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 5 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The final list of host cities for the 2018 Football World Cup in Russia is to be announced Sep 29, a spokesperson for the Russia 2018 organising committee said Wednesday.
The spokesperson did not specify where the decision, set to be made by FIFA’s executive committee, would be announced, reported R-Sport.
A FIFA delegation spent much of the spring and summer visiting the 13 candidate cities of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Yekaterinburg, Yaroslavl, Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan, Samara, Saransk, Volgograd, Sochi, Krasnodar and Rostov-on-Don.
Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko has previously said that he expects two of the 13 cities to be dropped when the final list is announced.
Moscow’s Luzhniki stadium is set to host the final, while Mutko has also said that St. Petersburg is guaranteed a semifinal.
- Russia plans to host 2018 FIFA World Cup in 13 cities - May 07, 2011
- FIFA World Cup delegates visit Samara - Jun 22, 2012
- Capello arrives in Moscow - Jul 21, 2012
- Minute's silence at Russian Super Cup - Jul 14, 2012
- Putin supporters hold rallies all over Russia - Feb 19, 2012
- Ammo blast kills six in Russia - May 03, 2012
- Mi-2 chopper crashes in Russia, pilot killed - Aug 11, 2012
- Russia to build two space-defence missile plants - Feb 04, 2012
- FIFA allocates $699 mn for Russia 2018 - Apr 05, 2012
- Russian plane makes emergency landing - Jun 09, 2011
- Two killed in Russian trainer plane crash - Dec 04, 2011
- Russia needs fresh blood, says Hiddink - Jul 13, 2012
- Zenit thrash Spartak 5-0 - Aug 11, 2012
- Math teacher in Russia sentenced for verbal abuse - Apr 12, 2012
- Russian lifter mysteriously pulls out of Olympics - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,