Linda pockets chess titleMay 29th, 2012 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Pondicherry, May 29 (IANS) Local star Linda Rangarajan with 9.0 points emerged champion in the third KACC International FIDE Rating chess tournament (below 2200) here Tuesday.
In the final round, Linda settled for a quick draw with Ramakrishna Perumalla thus pocketing winner’s prize of Rs. 20,000 along with the trophy.
Important Results (Round 10): Ramakrishna Perumalla (AP) 8 drew Linda Rangarajan (Pon) 9, J Nishvin (TN) 7 lost to T S Nanda Kumar (TN) 8.5, M J Noohu (TN) 7.5 drew M Vijay Anand (TN) 7.5, M Chakravarthi Reddy (AP) 7 lost to Ravindra Teja Muttineni (AP) 8, Sushrutha Reddy (Kar) 7 lost to R Vaishali (TN) 8, P Naren Swaminathan (TN) 7.5 drew K Durgesh (Kar) 7.5, P Elancheralathan (TN) 8 bt P R Hrithckkesh (TN) 7, P Shet Prejwal (Kar) 7 lost to R V Adith (TN) 8, R Abdul Azeem (TN) 6.5 lost to K Gunasekaran (TN) 7.5, R Praveen (TN) 5 bt John George Varughese (Singapore) 4.
Final Placings: 1. Linda Rangarajan (Pon) 9 pts; 2 T S Nanda Kumar (TN) 8.5; 3-8 Ramakrishna Perumalla (AP); B Kumaran; P Elancheralathan; R Vishali; R V Adith (TN); Ravindra Teja Muttineni (AP) 8; 9-10 K Gunasekaran; M Vijay Anand (TN) 7.5.
- Kumaran joins leaders in chess tournament - May 27, 2012
- Rangarajan leads field in chess meet - May 28, 2012
- Schoolboy Jayavel bags chess title - Oct 10, 2011
- Salim stops Jayavel, snatches lead in chess tourney - Oct 08, 2011
- Nagal extends Sinha in MCC-Adidas junior tennis - Aug 31, 2011
- Mhamal clinches All-India Chess title - May 02, 2012
- Mary Ann pockets title in National Chess - Nov 09, 2011
- Easy win for Nikshep in sub-junior tennis - Aug 13, 2012
- Adidas-TTT sub-junior tennis: Cheruku upsets Krishna - Aug 14, 2012
- Mary Ann takes lead in national chess - Nov 07, 2011
- Mugil Jayavel moves into sole lead in chess tournament - Oct 07, 2011
- Mary Ann retains lead with a draw in National chess - Nov 08, 2011
- Tania moves into sole lead in women's national chess - Nov 02, 2011
- Padmini shocks Tania to take lead in women's national chess - Nov 03, 2011
- Tania wins in 38 moves in National Premier chess - Nov 01, 2011