Limbless French man to swim English Channel next weekSeptember 10th, 2010 - 6:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.10 (ANI): A limbless man, Philippe Croizon, has said that he will attempt to swim the English Channel next week.
The Frenchman lost his limbs in an accident 16 years ago and has only taught himself to swim in the last two years.
According to The Telegraph, he will attempt to become the first limbless person to swim the Channel - a distance of 21 miles.
Croizon, 42, will be fitted with prosthetic legs with flippers attached and a snorkel for the challenge.
He is expecting to take up to 24 hours, at a speed of 1.8 miles per hour, to complete it and will take regular one-minute breaks to eat and drink.
Croizan lost his limbs after suffering an electric shock at his home in Saint-Remy-sur-Creuse in west France. (ANI)
- 42-yr-old Frenchman aiming to become first limbless person to swim the English Channel - Sep 10, 2010
- Limbless man swims across English Channel - Sep 21, 2010
- Limbless Frenchman completes English Channel swim - Sep 19, 2010
- Limbless Frenchman Philippe Croizon Swims Across English Channel - Sep 20, 2010
- Limbless man swims between US and Russian Isles - Aug 20, 2012
- Frenchman with no arms and legs prepares to swim English Channel - Jun 01, 2010
- Limbless Man Philippe Croizon Swims English Channel 10 Hours Early! - Sep 20, 2010
- France's Quadruple Amputee Philippe Croizon Crosses English Channel - Sep 21, 2010
- Cross-channel swimmer dies on maiden attempt - Jul 23, 2012
- Illegal Asian migrant dies crossing English channel - Aug 14, 2012
- A bionic leg which responds to muscular signals - Apr 21, 2011
- Kid who lost all limbs named bravest in Britain - Aug 27, 2011
- Amputee cat gets prosthetic legs - Jun 27, 2010
- Welsh bog snorkeller sets new world record time - Aug 30, 2010
- Irishman Paraic Casey dies while attempting to swim across the English Channel - Jul 23, 2012