Liberia to play Senegal in FIFA World cup qualifierMay 31st, 2012 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
Monrovia, May 31 (IANS) Liberia will take on Senegal in the first leg of a 2014 FIFA football World Cup qualifier June 2.
The return leg will be played in Monrovia two weeks later.
More than six foreign-based players are already in the country to boost the Lone Star squad’s chances of securing a spot in World Cup, reported Xinhua.
Liberia has never qualified for the World Cup, despite the fact that it has produced the World Player of the Year George Manneh Weah.
- Liberia holds Nigeria to 2-2 draw - Sep 09, 2012
- Liberia fire football coach - Feb 21, 2012
- Draw for 2014 FIFA World Cup Asian qualifiers final round - Mar 09, 2012
- Senegal coach optimistic ahead of World Cup qualifier - Jun 09, 2012
- Bolton striker Ngog to join Cameroon squad - Mar 13, 2012
- Adebayor to miss Togo's World Cup qualifier - Jun 09, 2012
- FIFA to rule on Zambia's protest this month - Jul 05, 2012
- Lebanon beat Iran 1-0 in World Cup qualifier - Sep 12, 2012
- FIFA annuls decision to exclude Myanmar from 2018 World Cup qualifying - Nov 07, 2011
- Ghana third best African side on FIFA ranking - Sep 06, 2012
- Ghana to play China in international friendly - Jul 21, 2012
- Argentina face Paraguay in World Cup qualifier - Sep 07, 2012
- Kenya football team lands $1.34 million sponsorship deal - Feb 22, 2012
- Denmark held to a goalless draw by Czechs - Sep 09, 2012
- Stars that won't be shining at 2010 FIFA World Cup - Nov 24, 2009