Liberia holds Nigeria to 2-2 drawSeptember 9th, 2012 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Monrovia (Liberia), Sep 9 (IANS) The Liberian national team, Lone Star, forced Nigeria’s Super Eagles to a 2-2 draw at home in the first leg of the qualifying rounds of the 2013 African Cup of Nations in South Africa.
The match was played before a capacity crowd at the Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Saturday, with President Johnson Sirleaf, Vice President Joseph N. Boakai and other Liberian dignitaries, as well as parliamentarians and other Nigerian officials in attendance, reports Xinhua.
Nigeria’s two goals were scored in the 13th and 16th minute in the first half, while Liberia’s scored in the third minute and 65th minute of the game.
The second leg of this qualifier will be played in Nigeria next month.
Out of nine international football matches played between Liberia and Nigeria over the years, Liberia has won one, drawn two and lost six.
- Liberia fire football coach - Feb 21, 2012
- Indian envoy to receive Liberia's highest award (With Images) - Jul 24, 2011
- Delta Commences Direct Flights Between Liberia and America - Sep 06, 2010
- Liberia to play Senegal in FIFA World cup qualifier - May 31, 2012
- India gifts 25 buses to Liberia (With Image) - Nov 04, 2010
- India offers Liberia two million dollars grant-in-aid - Sep 18, 2009
- Riots in Liberia ahead of presidential poll run-off - Nov 07, 2011
- Nobel Peace Prize 2011 awarded to three women - Oct 07, 2011
- Ex-Liberian president stashed $400 mn: WikiLeaks - Feb 12, 2011
- Liberian President Johnson Sirleaf, activists awarded Nobel Peace Prize - Oct 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,