Li Na in Cincinnati finalAugust 19th, 2012 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
Cincinnati (US), Aug 19 (IANS) Chinese tennis player Li Na beat American Venus Williams 7-5, 3-6, 6-1 to reach the final of the Cincinnati Masters.
The former French Open winner will face fifth seed Angelique Kerber of Germany or Czech fourth seed Petra Kvitova, reports Xinhua.
“I’m sorry for Venus. She had a back problem and she really couldn’t serve,” said Li after the game Saturday.
- Li Na wins Cincinnati title - Aug 20, 2012
- US Open: Federer, Murray drawn to meet in semis - Aug 24, 2012
- US Open, Day 2: Wozniacki out, Djokovic in second round (Roundup) - Aug 29, 2012
- Top four seeds enter semis at Stuttgart WTA Grand Prix - Apr 28, 2012
- Australian Open: Djokovic marches on; Roddick retires (Roundup) - Jan 19, 2012
- Nadal, Li advance to 4th round at French Open - Jun 03, 2012
- Wimbledon: Sharapova knocked out; Williams survives scare (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Olympics: Bhupathi-Bopanna seeded seventh, Federer top seed - Jul 26, 2012
- Australian Open: Djokovic sails into 3rd round - Jan 19, 2012
- Wimbledon: Errani thrashed by record-breaker Shvedova - Jun 30, 2012
- Li Na, Stosur ease into US Open second round - Aug 28, 2012
- Radwanska beats Kerber to enter Wimbledon final - Jul 05, 2012
- China Open: Foot injury forces Azarenka to concede pre-quarterfinal - Oct 06, 2011
- Venus, Baghdatis continue Olympic charge - Jul 31, 2012
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams crashes out, Djokovic advances (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012