Li Na appreciates hubby’s support for her Australian Open campaignJanuary 29th, 2011 - 8:13 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 29(ANI): World No.9 Li Na expressed special thanks to her husband and coach Jiang Shan after her Australian Open campaign ended on a disappointing note on Saturday.
Li, who is the first Asian woman to reach a Grand Slam final, was defeated 3-6, 6-3, 6-3, by World No.3 Kim Clijsters in two hours and five minutes at Rod Laver Arena in Saturday’s final.
“I’ve made many jokes about my husband, but it doesn’t matter if you are fat or skinny, handsome or ugly, I will always follow you, always love you,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Li, as saying.
“Also for myself, doesn’t matter today if I win or lose because I tried my best at tennis already,” she added.
The 28-year-old is the second oldest woman to play in an Australian Open final - behind Chris Evert who was 33 when she lost to Steffi Graf in 1988.
Li’s previous best Grand Slam performance was last year’s semi-final appearance at Melbourne Park where she was defeated by Serena Williams 7-6, 7-6. (ANI)
- Li Na beat Wozniacki despite not getting 'good night's sleep' due to hubby's snoring! - Jan 27, 2011
- Australian Open: Nadal overcomes Berdych, to meet Federer in semis (Roundup) - Jan 24, 2012
- Clijsters battles back against Li Na to win Australian Open - Jan 29, 2011
- Clijsters sweeps past Zvonareva into Australian Open final - Jan 27, 2011
- Experience of no consequence in Oz Open final: Clijsters - Jan 28, 2011
- Australian Open: Top seeds advance to second round (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2012
- Australian open: Wozniacki loses to Clijsters, surrenders World No.1 spot - Jan 24, 2012
- Li Na becomes first Asian woman to reach Slam final with upset win over Wozniacki - Jan 27, 2011
- Li Na Becomes The First Asian To Make It To Grand Slam Final - Jan 27, 2011
- Zvonareva, Clijsters sail into Australian Open semi-finals - Jan 26, 2011
- Australian Open: Fish biggest casualty in second round - Jan 18, 2012
- Li Na wins French Open, is first Asian to win Grand Slam singles - Jun 04, 2011
- Wozniacki advances, Fish shocked in Australian Open (Roundup) - Jan 18, 2012
- Clijsters, Zvonareva sail into round four of Australian Open - Jan 22, 2011
- Nadal overpowers Federer to reach Australian Open final - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: asian woman, australian open, chris evert, five minutes, grand slam, hubby, jan 29, jiang shan, jokes, kim clijsters, melbourne park, morning herald, oldest woman, open campaign, rod laver, rod laver arena, serena williams, special thanks, steffi graf, sydney morning herald