Lewis Hamilton’s F-1 title bid ends in failure in BrazilNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:37 am ICT by admin
According to The Sun, night stewards cleared Raikkonnen’s victory after several meetings that centered around a probe into fuel temperature irregularities with three drivers.
McLaren rookie Hamilton would have snatched the title if F1 chiefs had disqualified Williams ace Nico Rosberg, plus BMW pair Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld.
But stewards imposed no penalty on the drivers - although BMW and Williams could yet lose their constructors’ points.
Hamilton had only finished seventh after early blunders and gearbox failure left him way down the field.
His hopes were briefly revived last night. And a precedent was set 12 years ago which had offered Hamilton some hope
Michael Schumacher’s Benetton Renault and David Coulthard’s Williams were initially disqualified for fuel breaches after coming first and second.
But a week later the FIA - F1’s rulers - reinstated the drivers’ points and wiped out both teams’ points in the constructors’ championship. (ANI)
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Domineering Hamilton wins Hungarian GP - Jul 29, 2012
- Hamilton glides to Monza victory - Sep 09, 2012
- Iceman Kimi Raikkonen returns to F1 with Lotus Renault GP - Nov 29, 2011
- Force India record season's best finish at Valencia - Jun 24, 2012
- Raikkonen wins Belgium GP, Force India get first points - Aug 30, 2009
- Mercedes to unveil new Formula One car next month - Jan 14, 2011
- Hamilton charges to pole in Hungarian GP - Jul 28, 2012
- Sensational pole for Force India's Fisichella in Spa - Aug 29, 2009
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Vettel leads home Red Bull 1-2 in Malaysian GP (Lead) - Apr 04, 2010
- Alonso is toughest rival, says Massa - Sep 14, 2012
- Webber wins Hungarian GP - Aug 01, 2010
Tags: benetton renault, blunders, bmw, constructors, david coulthard, failure, fia f1, fuel temperature, gearbox, irregularities, kimi raikkonen, michael schumacher, nick heidfeld, nico rosberg, reinstated, robert kubica, s williams, stewards, sun night