Lewis Hamilton to zoom in Bangalore Sept 27September 18th, 2011 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 18 (IANS) British Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton will treat Bangaloreans to speed thrills Sep 27 when he zooms in a McLaren Mercedes on a fast track here, his sponsor in India said Sunday.
“Racing enthusiasts of the city will get a rare opportunity to watch Hamilton participate in motor racing Sep 27 on the Bangalore-Mysore infrastructure corridor road built by NICE (Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise),” McLaren sponsor and leading mobile service operator Vodafone Eassar said in a statement here.
Visiting India for the fourth time since 2008, Hamilton will negotiate the curves of the city in McLaren Mercedes racing car.
“To build up for the mega event, we have displayed a replica of the Mercedes racing car the ace driver used at a shopping mall in upscale Malleshwaram suburb,” the statement said.
The sponsor will hold contests this week for customers to win 30 select passes and watch the racing star live in action.
“In addition, 10 lucky customers will drive to the pit garage with the racer while three customers get to meet and greet Hamilton personally,” the statement added.
The event will also create awareness on the upcoming motor racing event being held for the first time in Delhi next month.
During previous visits, Hamilton went karting in Mumbai in 2008, caught up with cricket fever in 2009 and went to Motor Sports Club in Chennai in 2010.
The McLaren team member won the Formula One World Championship in 2008.
- More Grand Prix will popularise motor racing: Hamilton (Lead) - Sep 27, 2011
- Hamilton vrooms, zooms & vows Bangalore fans - Sep 27, 2011
- Hamilton to drive in Mumbai Sep 16 - Sep 05, 2012
- Narain just unlucky to be in one of the slowest cars: Button - Oct 28, 2011
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- Button, Hamilton excited at racing in Indian GP - Oct 21, 2011
- Nicole back in McLaren paddock - Mar 17, 2012
- Armaan signs for GT1 championship - Aug 31, 2012
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Hamilton's title write-off just before start of F1 season - Mar 10, 2011
- Hamilton to McLaren: I'm not Young, and I want to win - Jul 17, 2012
- India major market for motor sports: GT1 boss - Mar 02, 2012
- Hamilton glides to Monza victory - Sep 09, 2012
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Mclarern boss concerned at 20-race F1 calendar - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: chennai, cricket fever, curves, fast track, formula one racing, lewis hamilton, lucky customers, mclaren mercedes, mclaren team, mobile service, motor sports club, nandi infrastructure corridor enterprise, racing car, rare opportunity, sept 27, service operator, shopping mall, team member, time in delhi, visiting india