Lenovo launches online auction of Olympic theme PCsMay 17th, 2008 - 9:39 pm ICT by admin
Kolkata, May 17 (IANS) Lenovo, Chinese manufacturer of PCs and partner of the Beijing Olympic torch relay, Saturday launched its second phase of three online auctions in India as part of the countdown to the games. The auction features notebook PCs inspired by the Olympic torch and is signed by Saif Ali Khan.
Saif was one of the torchbearers who ran in the New Delhi leg of the relay April 17.
Deepak Advani, senior vice president and chief marketing officer Lenovo, said: “We are thrilled to offer fans the unique opportunity to own these one-of-a-kind Olympic torch themed notebook PCs.”
The global auction is taking place in Japan, Australia, Britain, France, Russia, the US, Hong Kong, Argentina, China, India, Brazil and Canada. In the final week of the Olympic Games 12 notebook PCs, one from each participating country, will be auctioned. Altogether 34 Lenovo notebook PCs are being auctioned around the world.
The third and final phase of auction in India begins July 29.
- London 2012 organisers to auction Olympic torches - Jun 21, 2012
- Olympic flame lit in Greece (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Olympic Torch sold for over £150,000 on the auction site eBay - May 22, 2012
- First torchbearer for Olympic torch relay announced - May 11, 2012
- London 2012 organizers confirm route for Olympic Flame - Mar 19, 2012
- 2012 Olympic torch lit in Ancient Olympia - May 10, 2012
- England football legend Jack Charlton to run Olympic torch relay - Jun 15, 2012
- Olympic flame travels to Dublin - Jun 06, 2012
- Olympic Flame reaches Acropolis for handover ceremony - May 17, 2012
- Akshay Kumar carries the Olympic flame - Dec 21, 2009
- Paralympic torch and relay route unveiled - Mar 01, 2012
- 2012 London Olympics torch relay to pass through 1,000 places - Nov 07, 2011
- Demand for Olympic torch soars - Jul 27, 2012
- Lenovo pips Dell to become world's second largest PC maker - Oct 13, 2011
- Flame for Innsbruck 2012 Youth Olympics lit in Athens - Dec 18, 2011
Tags: advsecond phase, auction features, beijing, chief marketing, chinese manufacturer, countdown, deepak, final phase, global auction, japan australia, New Delhi, notebook pcs, olympic games, olympic theme, olympic torch relay, online auctions, saif ali khan, senior vice president, torchbearers