LEGO Taj Mahal sales skyrocket, thanks to BecksJuly 23rd, 2010 - 1:54 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 23 (ANI): British footballer David Beckham’s confession of his passion for LEGO and that he was building a replica of the Taj Mahal has sent sales of the toy soaring up by 633 percent in just one day.
Becks, 35, had revealed in an appearance on the Jonathan Ross show on July 16 that he spent his spare time in Italy constructing a 5,922-piece replica of the famed 17th century mausoleum, the Christian Science Monitor reported.
The company says LEGO Taj Mahal, which is the biggest of the toys, with 5,922-pieces, and measuring 20 inches wide and 16 inches tall, is only available online for 300 dollars.
LEGO said sale of the Taj Mahal went up after the footie ace admitted he was building one. (ANI)
- Becks' confession sends Lego sales soaring - Jul 21, 2010
- Becks would've been a Lego builder had he not been a footie star - Jul 15, 2010
- David Beckham Boosts Lego Sales Unknowingly - Jul 25, 2010
- David Beckham beaten at Lego by 8-yr-old boy - Aug 31, 2010
- Now build your own Taj Mahal, courtesy Lego - Aug 27, 2008
- Becks says his wardrobe is immaculate compared to Posh's - Jul 15, 2010
- Paul Janssen Engenders A Stunning Lego Replica Of The Ohioan State Stadium - Jan 17, 2011
- A Taj Mahal that you can eat - Apr 02, 2010
- Filming the Taj - a pointless exercise? - Aug 15, 2011
- Most expensive coin on Taj to be released in Paris - Nov 14, 2010
- Taj on full moon night leaves visitors awestruck - Oct 13, 2011
- Taj Mahal rakes in Rs.19 crore revenue from ticket sales - Jul 28, 2011
- 2000-yr-old computer recreated using Lego bricks! - Dec 10, 2010
- Paul Janssen Creates Lego Replica Of Ohio State Stadium - Jan 17, 2011
- Taj battles man and nature for survival - May 16, 2011
Tags: 17th century, ace, appearance, christian science monitor, confession, david beckham, footballer david beckham, jonathan, jonathan ross, lego, mausoleum, passion, spare time, taj mahal, time in italy, toys