Left-hander Alam shocked over Pak World Cup squad omissionFebruary 22nd, 2011 - 6:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.22 (ANI): Having ended 2010 as Pakistan’s third highest run scorer in ODIs, Fawad Alam and his fans were both surprised and stunned over his non-selection in the Pakistan World Cup squad.
Speaking exclusively to PakPassion.Net, Fawad stated “It was certainly shocking news for me as I was a regular member of the squad until then. What can I say about this except that whatever Allah does is for one’s own good.”
Fawad - who has scored 603 runs at an average of 37.68 in 27 ODI matches - had been a regular name in Pakistan’s One Day side last year, till the ODI series against South Africa in the UAE.
However, after bagging a couple of low scores in the last two matches of the series and a failure in the first T20 against New Zealand soon after, Fawad found himself out of favour with the selectors.
“Like every other player, it was my dream to play at the World Cup. So, I am definitely sad and disappointed at missing the tournament” he said.
Fawad whose exclusion had been attributed to a “lack of form” by Chief Selector Mohsin Khan, further added “I don’t know the reason for my omission. All I know is that God must have done it for my own good.”
Instead of dwelling on the negatives, the former Pakistan “A” captain is in a positive frame of mind and is determined to win back his spot in the national team.
“One must always remain positive. There are certain things that are beyond one’s control. You do not get what you are not destined to get!”
“However I am working very hard and I’m confident of returning to the team soon,” he added.
The Karachi-based left-hander now wants to establish himself as an all-rounder. (ANI)
- 30 best Pak players chosen for World Cup: Mohsin Khan - Jan 06, 2011
- Fawad Alam eager to cement place in Pak team for 2011 World Cup - Aug 25, 2010
- 'PCB constitution does not demand selection input from captain or coach' - Oct 16, 2010
- Pakistan selectors retain Shoaib Malik for Sri Lanka series - Oct 03, 2011
- "Determined to play for Pak even if it's purely as a batsman", says keeper Akmal - Nov 30, 2010
- Stop being selfish, Mohsin Khan tells Akmal - Oct 17, 2011
- PCB selector Ilyas resigned over Fawad Alam's selection - Dec 06, 2010
- Manzoor wants to use Pak tour of New Zealand to establish himself - Dec 08, 2010
- Abdul Qadir resigned due to "lack of independence", dispute over Akhtar's selection - Dec 29, 2010
- Shahzaib Hasan 'disappointed' over Pak World Cup snub - Jan 31, 2011
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012
- I am not a 'rubber stamp' selector: Mohsin Khan - Oct 21, 2010
- Pak rookie Shahzaib Hasan looking to establish himself in international cricket - Sep 03, 2010
- Mohsin lauds Pak team for impressive show in ongoing Windies tour - Apr 28, 2011
- Malik's omission from one-day squad 'unjustified': Mudassar - Aug 26, 2010
Tags: allah, dwelling, failure, favour, fawad alam, frame of mind, left hander, london feb, mohsin khan, new zealand, odi series, omission, pakistan, scorer, selectors, shocking news, south africa, t20, uae, world cup squad