Lee rules out Test comeback, but will try to make it to Oz ODI squadOctober 7th, 2010 - 4:43 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Oct. 7 (ANI): Injury-prone Australian fast bowler Brett Lee has completely ruled out putting his hand up again for Test duty.
Lee, 33, has suffered a series of injuries over the past 18 months and hasn’t played for Australia since a one-day international in India in October 2009.
Over the past year-and-a-half he has been sidelined at different stages by a side strain, elbow surgery, a broken thumb and a forearm injury.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Lee is, however, adamant about pressing for selection in the Australian team for a T20 game against Sri Lanka in Perth on October 31 and three one-day internationals against that same team in early November.
He could then have an opportunity to further press his international aspirations by impressing for the Blues against Sri Lanka in one-day and T20 fixtures.
“I will try and play a couple of one-dayers for the Blues over the next couple of weeks and then look to try and play against Sri Lanka towards the end of this month. When I say I don’t want to be part of Test cricket any more, it’s not because I don’t like it. It’s the time of my life where I want a bit of change through body, through lifestyle,” The SMH quoted Lee, as saying.
He added: “I’ve loved every single moment of Test cricket, but you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere, you won’t be seeing me making that (Test) comeback, definitely not.”
Despite all his injuries, Lee stressed he wouldn’t try to consciously reduce his blistering top-level speed to spare his body. (ANI)
- Lee rates his longevity as his greatest triumph - Oct 09, 2010
- Malinga quits Test cricket to prolong ODI, T20 career - Apr 23, 2011
- 'Back to best' Lee fires ODI comeback hopes - Oct 30, 2010
- 'India lover' Lee eyeing 2011 World Cup return to Australia team - Oct 10, 2010
- Lee needs to play more cricket before ODI comeback, says Hilditch - Oct 27, 2010
- Fiery pacer Brett Lee retires from international cricket - Jul 13, 2012
- Malinga says 'quick' money not behind decision to quit Test cricket - Apr 27, 2011
- 'Shattered' Lee vows to play on despite latest injury setback - Apr 30, 2010
- Taylor working on fitness with hopes of recall - Jul 03, 2012
- Aussie pace attack has lot better depth than England: Brett Lee - Nov 05, 2010
- Brett Lee hopes for a World Cup comeback - Oct 31, 2010
- Windies board worried about injury problems - Nov 29, 2011
- 'Have enough games to stake claim for Ashes berth,' says Haddin - Oct 01, 2010
- My role in a team is to bowl over 150ks to intimidate batsmen, take wickets: Lee - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Want to play in the World Cup in India, which is special to me': Lee - Nov 27, 2010
Tags: brett lee, broken thumb, day internationals, different stages, early november, elbow surgery, forearm injury, international aspirations, level speed, line in the sand, morning herald, oct 7, october 31, odi squad, perth, single moment, smh, sydney morning herald, test cricket, time of my life