Lee ruled out of tri-series with broken toeFebruary 5th, 2012 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Feb 5 (IANS) Australian fast bowler Brett Lee has been ruled out of the One-day tri-series with a broken toe, sidelining him for around four to six weeks.
Lee hurt his toe while fielding during the second Twenty20 International against India here Friday.
“Brett Lee sustained a fracture of his right foot when he was struck by a ball in the last over of his spell during the KFC T20 against India at the MCG on Friday night. He was able to complete the over. However the foot became more painful and swollen the following day. An X-ray has confirmed a fracture of the small toe and we now expect Brett will return to cricket in four-six weeks,” Cricket Australia team Doctor Trefor James said in a statement Sunday before the start of the tri-series opener between India and Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
A decision on Lee’s replacement will not be made until the of the match.
Sri Lanka is the third team in the competition.
- Hilfenhaus to replace injured Lee in Australian ODI squad - Feb 06, 2012
- Cricket Australia reinstate tri-series with India and Sri Lanka - Jun 14, 2011
- Australia recall Pattinson, drop Harris - Feb 28, 2012
- Sri Lanka's thrilling win eliminates India from CB series (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Injured Ryan Harris most likely to miss 2011 World Cup - Dec 29, 2010
- 'Lee firming for World Cup selection after impressing in Melbourne ODI' - Jan 17, 2011
- Clarke likely to sit out of MCG ODI - Feb 29, 2012
- Brett Lee undergoes surgery in Cape Town, returning home - Oct 11, 2011
- Lee wants to bowl despite broken foot - Mar 01, 2012
- Ryan Harris may undergo surgery for ankle injury - Dec 28, 2010
- Harris out of Ashes series with ankle fracture - Dec 28, 2010
- Tendulkar likely to go for MRI scan - Feb 20, 2012
- Johnson undergoes toe surgery, ruled out for six months - Dec 01, 2011
- Australia opt to bat against India in second T20 - Feb 03, 2012
- Pattinson ruled out of India series, Star named replacement - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: australia team, brett lee, broken toe, cricket australia, fracture, friday night, India, match, mcg, melbourne cricket ground, right foot, six weeks, sri lanka, t20, team doctor, trefor, tri series, twenty20 international, x ray