LeBron James’ Nike Commercial Infuriated Cleveland FansOctober 27th, 2010 - 8:58 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Young fans used to consider him their heroes, but now, if they hate anyone more than Justin Bieber, it would definitely be LeBron James. This is especially applicable for all Cleveland Cavaliers fans, as the player left that team to join the Miami Heats just for the sake of more money, and apparently tried to justify himself in the latest Nike ad.
To make matter worse, the recent Nike ad displayed the best possible arrogance of the player, sugar coated with pun, satire and fake humility. The ad which has been named as “Rise” or “We Are All Witness” did very little to get his reputation or respect back. In fact it infuriated a large fraction of his fans (whom he recently lost). The ad of Nike says, “What should I do”? although the question is humble and asking for suggestion, it simultaneously gives an impression that the player has no guilt about betraying Cleveland and he is not answerable to anyone. He also throws a sarcasm on Charles Barkley, by saying that “I am no role model”. To some sources that it is no less than prostitution, as the ad tries to make money for himself and Nike, at the cost of his respect.
This Nike ad was immediately followed by the NBA opening match between Miami Heats and Boston Celtics, where LeBron James was not at his best and performed quite poorly leading to the loss of his newly joined team. This defeat fanned the fire, as his poor performance was not only met with condemn, but also gave an opportunity to hit back at the player, who failed to live up to the high standards set by him through the Nike ad quite boastfully. This gave an opportunity for the fans to insult and bad mouthed him all through out the match.
- Cleveland Cavaliers Owner Dan Gilbert Says He Does Not "Regret" About The Letter - Oct 28, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Outplay Boston Celtics - Oct 28, 2010
- Ray Allen Talks Defense Against Miami Heat - Oct 27, 2010
- Jesse Jackson Criticizes Dan Gilbert's Open Letter - Jul 12, 2010
- LeBron James' Faces The Heat - Jul 09, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Fans Boo LeBron James - Dec 03, 2010
- LeBron James Posts Twitter Messages To Show Racist Comments Hurled At Him - Oct 21, 2010
- Miami Heat Thrash Cleveland Cavaliers In Historic Game - Dec 03, 2010
- LeBron James' Nike Commercial Is One Of A Kind - Oct 26, 2010
- Miami Heat Stars Speak About The Game After Their Defeat - Oct 27, 2010
- Zydrunas Ilgauskas To Join Miami Heats - Jul 14, 2010
- Pat Riley: Man Behind The Big Trio - Jul 09, 2010
- Boston Celtics Wins Against Miami Heats With 88-80 - Oct 27, 2010
- Miami Heat win second NBA title - Jun 22, 2012
- Dallas wins NBA finals Game 4 - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: arrogance, boston celtics, charles barkley, cleveland cavaliers, cleveland fans, guilt, humility, kar, lebron james, lebron james nike, match, nike, nike commercial, poor performance, prostitution, pun, role model, sake, sarcasm, satire