Learning experience for youngsters, we need to improve: CookOctober 26th, 2011 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 25 (IANS) After India clinched a 5-0 series win, England skipper Alastair Cook said Tuesday it was a learning experience for the youngsters, adding that the team needed to improve.
?We were in with a shout there, 120 for no loss, and then we were blown away at the end,? said Cook at the post-match award ceremony.
Asked about the change in the course of the game from England 129 for no loss to six wickets in a row, he said: “It was very disappointing. We know that you can lose wickets in a cluster, we seem to have lost 10 there in a cluster. Credit to the way they bowled, and we played a couple of poor shots,? said Cook.
India defeated England by 95 runs in the fifth ODI to complete a 5-0 whitewash at the Eden Gardens here Tuesday.
Chasing 272, England were all out for 176 in 37 overs. Spinners Ravichandran Ashwin (3-28) and Ravindra Jadeja (4-33) were the best bowlers for India.
Asked what England was taking back from this series, Cook said: ?I think only a handful of the players in the team have playing experience in India. So it was great experience for youngsters. They need to improve and we all need to improve. There have been a few positives out of this series, Steven Finn’s bowling for example.?
?We still bowled well in these conditions at least for 30-35 overs. But then M.S. Dhoni and Raina probably took the game away from us,? said Cook.
- We batted really badly: Cook (Lead) - Oct 26, 2011
- Series satisfying, quickies need to improve: Dhoni - Oct 26, 2011
- India look for revenge as they take on confident England (Preview) - Oct 13, 2011
- India whitewash England 5-0, avenge humiliation (Roundup) - Oct 25, 2011
- Ugly-looking wicket, made run scoring difficult: Dhoni - Oct 26, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. England, fifth ODI - Sep 17, 2011
- We will like to end the series on a good note: Dhoni - Oct 24, 2011
- Eden curator has a dig at Dhoni's 'ugly wicket' remark - Oct 27, 2011
- Cook urges consistency, Clarke wants review - Jul 11, 2012
- Kohli, Raina power India to six-wicket victory (Lead) - Oct 24, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs England, fifth ODI - Oct 25, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. England, 4th ODI - Sep 12, 2011
- Scoreboard of India's innings against England, fifth ODI - Sep 17, 2011
- England have worked very hard for the No.1 spot: Strauss - Aug 13, 2011
- England announce unchanged squad for Oval Test - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: alastair cook, award ceremony, blown away, bowlers, eden gardens, england skipper, fifth odi, finn, handful, jadeja, kolkata, learning experience, m s dhoni, poor shots, raina, ravichandran, ravindra, whitewash, wickets, youngsters