Laxman guides India to 323/5 at tea (Tea Report)November 14th, 2010 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 14 (IANS) V.V.S Laxman made a strokeful 74 to carry India to 323 for five in the first innings at tea on the third day of the second cricket Test against New Zealand here Sunday.
Laxman, who struck 11 fours in 159 balls, and captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni (10) were at the crease with India trailing by 27 runs.
The New Zealand bowlers kept India on a tight leash, making them pay for every run. Laxman, playing his first Test at home, broke the shackles with his trademark shots through the covers.
Tim Southee, who bowled admirably throughout the innings, got his reward when he trapped Rahul Dravid (45) lbw with the second new ball. Laxman and Dravid put on 75 runs for the fourth wicket.
Laxman was the joined by Raina (20), who was dismissed by Vettori (3-81). They added 52 runs.
Earlier, India lost the wicket of Sachin Tendulkar (13) in the morning session and added only 59 runs in the 30 overs before lunch.
Tendulkar, who is one short of a record 50 Test hundreds, hardly looked convincing in the middle.
The master blaster, in an attempt to break the shackles, came down the track to loft Vettori, but found the edge that flew to first slip Ross Taylor, who caught a blinder stretching his right hand.
- India lose Tendulkar, reach 237/3 (Lunch report) - Nov 14, 2010
- Harbhajan poised for another century as India stretch lead (Roundup) - Nov 14, 2010
- India in drivers seat against New Zealand in Nagpur Test - Nov 21, 2010
- Tea scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, Second Test, Day three - Nov 14, 2010
- India's batting woes continue in Perth (Tea Report) - Jan 13, 2012
- New Zealand under pressure in Nagpur Test - Nov 22, 2010
- Sehwag guides India to 178/2 against New Zealand (Round Up) - Nov 13, 2010
- Bhajji helps India establish handsome lead in Hyderabad Test - Nov 14, 2010
- Batsmen struggle as India reach 73/4 at lunch (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- England strike to claim three wickets at Lord's (Lunch report) - Jul 25, 2011
- Dravid scores century, India take 193-run lead (Lunch report) - Nov 22, 2010
- Kiwis lead by 41 at lunch (Lead) - Sep 02, 2012
- Tea scoreboard: India vs. New Zealand, Day 4, Second Test - Nov 15, 2010
- Harbajan's maiden ton, Laxman save India Ahmedabad Test (Roundup) - Nov 08, 2010
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, Second Test, Day three - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,