Lawson blasts Australian selectors over Clark’s omissionDecember 10th, 2009 - 6:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 10(ANI): Former Australian fast bowler Geoff Lawson has blasted national selectors over the omission of fast bowler Stuart Clark for the third Test against West Indies at Perth.
Clark ’s international career suffered a major blow, when he was again overlooked for the Test side.
“If someone was injured in training before that Adelaide Test, you’re going for the work experience boy, are you? That statement was bizarre,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Lawson, as saying.
“And, now Stu has been overlooked again, are the public to assume they were lying? If they want to pick Clint McKay, say so, but don’t say that. There is a total lack of consistency,” he added.
Lawson also pointed to Clark’s impressive recent performances in Perth, where he picked up 2-86 in the Sheffield Shield and returned 0-15 off eight overs in a one-dayer, saying that he was clearly the outstanding replacement choice.
Earlier, Chief selector Andrew Hilditch had said that Clark would be considered if in form.
“We’d like to win every Test match going into the Ashes because we’re trying to build confidence in the new team, but we have our eye very much on the Ashes,” Hilditch said.
“If our assessment at the time is Stuart’s the best bowler for the Ashes and he’s still going well, then so be it,” he added. (ANI)
- 'Dejected' Clark reckons his Test return is unlikely - Dec 14, 2009
- Lawson says time for Ponting to hand over captaincy to Clarke to focus on batting - Oct 15, 2010
- Lyon becomes international off-spinner from a groundsman - Jul 26, 2011
- Oz selectors not under pressure due to continuous criticism: Hilditch - Dec 11, 2010
- Johnson doesn't deserve to be brought back into Oz team: Lawson - Dec 10, 2010
- Ponting upset with selection panel over Johnson's omission - Dec 02, 2010
- Warne's choices for Australia's chairman of selectors - Oct 20, 2011
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012
- CA drops David Hussey, Bracken and Clark from contracted players list - Apr 07, 2010
- Greg Chappell's recipe to protect fragile fast bowlers: regular rest and rotation - Dec 14, 2009
- Australia recall Pattinson, drop Harris - Feb 28, 2012
- At 35, Oz pacer Clark believes selectors have done him in - Oct 24, 2010
- Chopping, changing selection policy reason for poor Oz team performance: Waugh - Dec 09, 2010
- Pak bowlers to trouble Aussie batsmen in Test series : Lawson - Dec 20, 2009
- Green SCG wicket could hinder Ashes hopes of Khawaja, Hughes: Watson - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: australian selectors, blasts, confidence, consistency, dayer, geoff lawson, hilditch, international career, london, morning herald, national selectors, omission, perth, sheffield shield, sydney morning herald, test match, test side, third test, west indies, work experience