Laura Wilkinson the gold medalists places 5thAugust 21st, 2008 - 1:45 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Laura Wilkinson,the gold medalist for 2000 Olympic, 2004 World Cup Championship and 2005 World Champion and also the gold medalist of Goodwill Games Platform for the year 1998.
Laura Wilkinson, finished fifth at the 10-meter dive in the women’s platform preliminaries on 20 August,2008 on Wednesday night at the National Aquatics Center and the Teammate Haley Ishmastsu finishing tenth.
Wilkinson said her time in Beijing reminded her of Sydney, when she felt as if it were her last Olympics.
“It feels like that same thing — this is my one shot,” she said. “I’ve got to take it.”
Laura Wilkinson having finished with 370.70 points and Ishmatsu scoring 329 points. The China’s two divers are on the lead. Chen Ruolin who scores with top rank with 428.80 points and Wang Xin with 420.30. Emily Heyman who qualifies third for Canada with 403.85 and Australia’s Alexandra Croak with 383.75.
Followed by the paired Mexican who ranks the sixth and seventh position. Out of the 29 divers, 18 divers moved for the semi-finals at the Beijing Games but for the top two spots in the finals Chen and Wang, will head to it.
In the Diving events, China has won six diving events, so far.
- China grabs third diving gold at London Olympics - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympic diving : Chen retains 10m diving title in style - Aug 10, 2012
- Top divers to compete in World Cup and Olympic test - Feb 18, 2012
- Olympics: Bolt retains sprint titles, US overtakes China in medal tally (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Wang Shixian left out Chinese Olympic badminton squad - Jul 11, 2012
- Olympic: Zakharov breaks Chinese dominance for diving gold - Aug 08, 2012
- American diver Wilkinson eyes golden farewell - Aug 02, 2008
- Olympics: Mexican president lauds divers for silver medal - Jul 31, 2012
- Ethiopia's Dibaba retains 10,000m Olympic title - Aug 04, 2012
- Asian badminton: Ajay Jayaram goes down fighting - Apr 18, 2012
- Chinese diver determined to bag diving gold at London - Aug 11, 2012
- Mexican diving duo eye gold at Olympics - Jul 23, 2012
- China's supremacy in diving unshakeable (Preview) - Jul 15, 2008
- Chinese juggernaut rolls on at Olympics (World Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- China's artistry of lighting Games torch dazzles - Nov 12, 2010