Las Vegas gambling debt trial reset for NBA’s Antoine WalkerNovember 19th, 2010 - 2:30 am ICT by BNO News
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA (BNO NEWS) — A Las Vegas court on Thursday re-scheduled the gambling debt trial against former National Basketball Association all-star Antoine Walker for next May.
The three-time all star was set to stand trial next Monday on felony bad check charges for failing to meet obligations to repay approximately $900,000 in gambling debts and penalties to three casinos in Las Vegas.
Judge Valorie Vega decided to continue Walker’s trial until May 9 at her Clark County District Court. Last June, Walker appeared briefly at Las Vegas Justice Court and reaffirmed he agreed to waive his right to a preliminary hearing and his case was referred to Clark County.
Walker was arrested in July 2009 at a Lake Tahoe cabaret. He was released after posting a $135,000 cash bail. He was charged with three counts of writing bad checks without sufficient funds from a bank with attempt to defraud.
Prosecutors alleged that Walker has paid about $135,000 in order to settling his casino debts to Caesars Palace, Planet Hollywood and the Red Rock Resort.
Walker, who last played in the NBA in 2008 with the Minnesota Timberwolves, filed for bankruptcy. He claims $12.7 million in liabilities and $4.3 million in assets, including the NBA championship ring he won in 2006 while playing with the Miami Heat.
Walker was a three-time All-Star with the Boston Celtics and won a championship with the Miami Heat in 2006. The Memphis Grizzlies bought out his contract in December, making him a free agent.
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal announces retirement after 19 years - Jun 02, 2011
- Goa casinos need regulatory authority: Casino operator - Nov 15, 2011
- Ex-Miss Universe Amelia Vega to marry NBA star - Dec 25, 2011
- Hilton wins $30,000 on birthday trip - Feb 19, 2012
- Frank Sinatra's Rat Pack Hangout Shuts Down - Apr 01, 2010
- Miami Heat take 2-1 series lead in NBA finals - Jun 18, 2012
- Limited, yet luxurious: Gaming gets big in India - Sep 21, 2011
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Chris Bosh's 911 call for dying masseuse released - Jun 13, 2012
- NBA Free Agency: Rudy Gay Goes To Memphis Grizzlies At $80 million - Jul 02, 2010
- Motley Crue singer Vince Neil charged with misdemeanor offenses in Las Vegas - Apr 06, 2011
- Chad Ochocinco Proposes Marriage To Evelyn Lozada - Nov 17, 2010
- Casino At Ex-Rat Pack Hangout Shuts Down - Apr 03, 2010
- Michael Beasley Traded To Minnesota Timberwolves - Jul 09, 2010
Tags: antoine walker, bad checks, bno, boston celtics, caesars palace, casinos in las vegas, check charges, clark county district, clark county district court, gambling debt, gambling debts, lake tahoe, las vegas justice court, memphis grizzlies, minnesota timberwolves, national basketball association, nba championship ring, planet hollywood, preliminary hearing, valorie