Lankan players injured in Pak will be able to play in two weeksMarch 4th, 2009 - 12:21 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar 4 (ANI): Sri Lankan cricketers, who received minor injuries in a terrorist attack at the Liberty Chowk here, were declared fit to play in a couple of weeks after treatment by highly-trained surgeons.
All Sri Lankan cricketers escaped serious injuries that may have jeopardised their playing careers and they will be able to represent their country again in a couple of weeks time, said Dr. Faisal Masood, the principal of the Services Hospital, and Prof Dr Arshad Cheema, the professor of surgery from the Mayo Hospital.
Both doctors headed a team of surgeons assigned to provide necessary medical aid to the injured Lankan players at the Qaddafi Stadium, The News reported.
None of the Sri Lankan cricketers had any life threatening and disabling wounds, they said.
Dr. Masood said two Sri Lankan players were discharged at around 12:30 p.m. after recovery from their initial shock and injuries, while the remaining 12 injured were shifted to the high-intensity bay in the Unit-II of the surgical ward.
At least six Sri Lankan cricket players were reportedly injured on Tuesday when some unidentified persons opened firing at the visitors near the Gaddafi stadium here.
According to The News, unidentified gunmen opened indiscriminate firing on the bus in which the Sri Lankan players were traveling.
The firing began just when the team was about to enter the stadium where the second Test match was being played. (ANI)
- Pakistan leave for UAE to play against Sri Lanka - Oct 15, 2011
- Asia Cup: Sri Lanka bowled out for 188 - Mar 15, 2012
- Pakistan Senate for action against cops - Mar 15, 2011
- Sri Lanka recalls Maharoof as cover - May 24, 2011
- Pakistan hopes to lure cricket teams with foolproof security - Dec 10, 2011
- Pakistan to have task force for players' safety - Nov 23, 2011
- Asia Cup: Pakistan beat Sri Lanka with bonus point (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Sri Lanka cricketers end battle for contracts - Jul 18, 2012
- Sri Lankan cricket team attacked in Lahore, players injured - Mar 03, 2009
- Sangakkara asks his boys is keep it simple - Apr 01, 2011
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
- Pakistan mooting China as neutral venue for cricket - Dec 03, 2010
- Sri Lankan team arrives in Mumbai for World Cup final - Mar 30, 2011
- Pakistan cricket team to tour Sri Lanka in June - Apr 30, 2012
- Flashback to 1996, and that joint India-Pakistan team - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: chowk, cricket players, doctors, dr arshad, faisal, gaddafi stadium, high intensity, initial shock, mayo hospital, medical aid, minor injuries, prof dr, second test, sri lankan cricket, sri lankan cricketers, terrorist attack, test match, unidentified gunmen, unidentified persons, wounds