Lance Broadway in MetsMay 31st, 2009 - 1:02 am ICT by GD
Lance Broadway was traded to the New York Mets by the Chicago White Sox. The exchange was brought about between back up catcher Ramon Castro and the right handed pitcher. The announcement was made after the game was won on Friday night by the White Sox team. When he was drafted in June 2005 Broadway was the Chicago White Sox’s no.1 draft pick. The White Sox had thought Broadway could climb up to a no. 3 starter position in the future but stated that they had misjudged. New York Mets also acquired OF Emil Brown from the Padres. The player to be replaced is going to be named soon.
Lance Broadway, 25, said that he had sensed that he was a goner when he wasn’t asked to warm up in the eight innings on Friday’s game. He became all the more convinced when he received a call from Wes Whisler, the left handed pitcher from Class AAA Charlotte, that he was getting promoted.
The White Sox plan to bring in Wes Whisler from the Class AAA Charlotte and also catcher Corky Miller. The only action that the White Sox are performing well now is offense.
Omir Santos hit a game winning RBI single in the 11th inning, to assure a 2-1 win over the Marlins for the New York Mets. Santos has 17 RBI in 76 at-bats and three homers from the time of his call ups. He hit safely 16 of his 20 starts. The White Sox should be receiving $1.4 million at least as Castro owed $1,748,634 of his $2.5 million salary. Castro, 33, might get his starting position with the White Sox being a good defensive catcher.
- Dodgers get Jim Thome - Sep 01, 2009
- Bobby Jenks Agrees To $2Million Deal With Boston Red Sox? - Dec 17, 2010
- Texas Rangers land Ryan Dempster - Aug 01, 2012
- Carlos Zambrano Throws Another Tantrum, Suspended Indefinitely - Jun 26, 2010
- Lance Berkman On Verge Of Joining New York Yankees - Jul 31, 2010
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia Traded To Boston Red Sox - Aug 01, 2010
- Pedro Martinez Throws The Ceremonial Pitch For The Boston Red Sox - Apr 05, 2010
- Jim Thome Hits Walk Off Homer Against Former Team - Aug 18, 2010
- Jake Peavy Traded Off To White Sox - Aug 01, 2009
- Adam Dunn Signs A $56 Million Deal With Chicago White Sox - Dec 03, 2010
- Wes Welker sad after Super Bowl loss - Feb 07, 2012
- Starlin Castro, The New Star Of Chicago Cubs - May 08, 2010
- Jose Canseco Returns To Baseball With Laredo Broncos - Aug 18, 2010
- Legendary Manager Ralph Houk Dies At 90 - Jul 22, 2010
- Ivan Rodriguez Traded To The Rangers - Aug 19, 2009
Tags: 5 million, bats, chicago white sox, class aaa, corky miller, emil brown, friday night, game, goner, handed pitcher, lance broadway, marlins, new york mets, padres, ramon castro, salary, three homers, ups, wes whisler