Lance Armstrong’s New Zealand holidayJanuary 30th, 2011 - 4:47 pm ICT by ANI
Auckland, Jan 30(ANI): American racing cyclist Lance Armstrong has been spotted in holiday hotspots across New Zealand as he takes time out from the drug allegations that continue to swirl around him.
According to the New Zealand Herald, Armstrong flew into Hawke’s Bay with partner Anna Hansen and children Maxwell and Olivia on January 24, fresh from competing in Australia.
On Friday, the seven-times Tour de France winner signed autographs before boarding his private jet to Queenstown.
The 39-year-old was reportedly staying at the luxury Matakauri Lodge in Queenstown
Earlier, last year, Armstrong’s former teammate Floyd Landis had shaken the cycling world by publicly accusing Armstrong and other team members of using performance-enhancing drugs and blood transfusions to gain an unfair advantage.
Landis had said that Armstrong had encouraged doping and that the team had sold its bikes to help finance an expensive doping program.
Armstrong, on the other hand, has always vehemently denied using performance-enhancing drugs.
The 39-year-old is considered one of the more remarkable athletes in American history, someone who dominated his sport and also had a compelling personal story, having beaten testicular cancer. (ANI)
- Armstrong 'pushed us towards' banned boosting agent EPO: Ex-teammate - Jan 19, 2011
- 'Armstrong may become symbol for decades of corruption in professional cycling' - Jan 23, 2011
- More cyclists back claims of systematic doping by Armstrong - Aug 05, 2010
- Landis claims he saw Lance Armstrong taking drugs - Jul 24, 2010
- Armstrong denies claims made by drug cheat Landis over blood doping - May 21, 2010
- Armstrong again faces doping charges - Jun 14, 2012
- Armstrong organised a team bonding party attended by strippers: Landis - Jul 04, 2010
- Lance Armstrong part of elaborate doping system in cycling, claims drug cheat Landis - May 20, 2010
- Armstrong won't contest doping charges, to lose titles - Aug 24, 2012
- Dope scam: Cyclist Armstrong hires LA lawyer for feds' grand jury probe - Jul 23, 2010
- Drug cheat Landis tried to blackmail Armstrong: Team RadioShack - May 23, 2010
- Landis reveals Armstrong sold racing bikes to fund doping program - Jul 03, 2010
- Cyclist Armstrong's attorney lashes out at team-mate's doping allegations - Aug 06, 2010
- Lance Armstrong welcomes fifth baby - Oct 19, 2010
- Lance Armstrong Crashes In Tour De California, Gets Eight Stitches Below Left Eye - May 21, 2010
Tags: american history, autographs, blood transfusions, cyclist lance armstrong, drug allegations, floyd landis, hawke, holiday hotspots, lance armstrong, new zealand herald, new zealand holiday, performance enhancing drugs, personal story, private jet, racing cyclist, remarkable athletes, seven times, testicular cancer, tour de france, unfair advantage