Lance Armstrong, girlfriend expecting a baby?December 24th, 2008 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 24 (ANI): Renowned cyclist and testicular cancer survivor Lance Armstrong is going to be a father again, according to reports.
Lance and his girlfriend Anna Hansen are reportedly expecting a baby, it has emerged.
Diagnosed in 1996 with testicular cancer that had spread to his lungs and brain, doctors gave Armstrong less than a 50 percent chance of survival. Surgery and brutal cycles of chemotherapy saved his life, reports the New York Daily News.
Armstrong and his former wife Kristin had three children using in vitro fertilization with sperm he had banked before his chemotherapy.
CNN has learnt that the sportsman and Hansen, however, are expecting without the use of any artificial fertilization process.
””This is a hopeful thing for testicular cancer survivors,”” CNN medical correspondent Dr. Sanja Gupta said.
””It means his body healed from the chemotherapy and surgery, the expert added.
The baby is due in June. (ANI)
- Lance Armstrong welcomes fifth baby - Oct 19, 2010
- Lance Armstrong retires from professional cycling - Feb 17, 2011
- Government will help Yuvraj: Sports minister - Feb 06, 2012
- Yuvraj will emerge stronger: Father - Feb 06, 2012
- Yuvraj has malignant tumour, being treated in the US - Feb 05, 2012
- Yuvraj will resume training in 10 weeks: Doctor (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Lance Armstrong's New Zealand holiday - Jan 30, 2011
- Yuvraj says he is getting better - Feb 16, 2012
- Yuvraj blames himself for delaying treatment - Feb 08, 2012
- Test-tube sperm promises cure to male infertility - Mar 25, 2011
- Yuvraj says his treatment nearing completion - Mar 13, 2012
- Yuvraj feeling 'weak' after second round of chemotherapy - Mar 01, 2012
- Lance Armstrong Dad to a Fifth Child! - Oct 19, 2010
- Lance Armstrong expecting another baby with girlfriend - May 01, 2010
- New technique to help men become fathers post chemotherapy - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: artificial fertilization, chemotherapy, cnn, dec 24, dr sanja gupta, expecting a baby, fertilization process, lance armstrong, medical correspondent, new york daily news, new york dec, sperm, sportsman, survival surgery, testicular cancer, testicular cancer survivor, testicular cancer survivors, vitro fertilization, wife kristin, york daily news