Lampard vows to continue his goal scoring spree for ChelseaAugust 20th, 2009 - 3:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 20(ANI): Chelsea midfielder frank Lampard has promised his Chelsea fans that he will keep scoring goals after he equalled Jimmy Greaves record in the club’s all time goal charts.
Lampard’s penalty in the 3-1 victory over Sunderland on Tuesday meant he has now scored 132 goals in his eight-year career at the club. “Jimmy is a goalscoring legend and I’m sure he did it in a lot less games than I did,” The Sun quoted Lampard, as saying.
“I’m very pleased to be up there with him and just want to keep on scoring for Chelsea, especially important goals that help us win games,” he added.
Lampard achieved the total in 429 matches, since joining Chelsea from West Ham United in 2001, while Greaves took just 169 appearances, scoring at a staggering rate of 0.78 goals per game in just four years between 1957 and 1961.
The 31-year-old also insisted that personal records were secondary to winning trophies with The Blues.
“Personal records are nice, but not as important as silverware. I’m much more proud of winning Premier Leagues and FA Cups with Chelsea,” Lampard said.
Lampard further said that his club would love to halt Manchester United’s run of three straight Premier League titles.
“It’s just a good start. You want to get your noses in front early on. If we don’t repeat the mid-season we had last year, then we’ll have a great chance,” he added. (ANI)
- "Fear factor" fired me to score more frequently for Chelsea, says Lampard - Aug 22, 2009
- English club Sunderland sign striker Fletcher - Aug 25, 2012
- Rooney says both he and Man U must 'fire to harbour Premier League title hopes - Oct 02, 2010
- Drogba confirms Chelsea exit - May 22, 2012
- 'Dedicated' Hernandez has exceeded Man U expectations: Ferguson - Apr 24, 2011
- No player in world can take Frank Lampard's place: Ancelotti - Dec 27, 2010
- No reason to fault players for Chelsea's recent Premier League losses: Ancelotti - Nov 21, 2010
- Man City heading for Champions League - Apr 26, 2011
- Flop Torres cost Chelsea 75K pounds a minute - Apr 14, 2011
- Chelsea lose at home to Villa - Jan 01, 2012
- Man U hasn't written off 'dangerous' Chelsea from Premier League title race: Rooney - Feb 03, 2011
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Chelsea's game is no more boring: Malouda - Jan 19, 2010
- Lampard backs Torres, Luiz to 'make a difference' to Chelsea - Feb 18, 2011
- Lampard laments 'bad timing' of friendly against Hungary ahead of PL kickoff - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: chelsea fans, chelsea london, fa cups, frank lampard, jimmy greaves, league titles, manchester united, mid season, noses, personal records, premier league, scoring goals, silverware, spree, staggering rate, sunderland, time goal, trophies, victory, west ham united