Lambert appointed Villa managerJune 2nd, 2012 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 2 (IANS) English Premier league club Aston Villa appointed Saturday Paul Lambert as their new manager on a three-year deal.
Villa have been on the lookout for a new manager after sacking Scot Alex Alex McLeish. The English club had a dismal 2011-12 Premier League season finishing 16th in the table.
Lambert tendered his resignation to his former club Norwich City Thursday. His resignation was not accepted but an agreement has now been reached for the Scot to make the switch to the West Midlands.
“The Board of Aston Villa are delighted to confirm that Paul Lambert has been appointed Villa manager,” a statement on Villa website read.
It is reported Villa have paid around one million pounds in compensation to Norwich to ensure Lambert becomes their fourth manager in less than two years.
- Norwich appoint Hughton as new coach - Jun 08, 2012
- Holman agrees Aston Villa deal - Mar 13, 2012
- Premier League managers don't like signing Englishmen - Jul 27, 2010
- Manchester United bounce back to go joint - Dec 16, 2009
- Chelsea manager Villas-Boas gets the sack - Mar 04, 2012
- Podolski agrees to terms with Arsenal - Feb 29, 2012
- Last-minute thrillers render Chelsea win, Arsenal loss - Jan 03, 2012
- Former Chelsea boss Villas-Boas in talks with Sao Paulo - Jun 09, 2012
- Villas-Boas rejects offer to coach Sao Paulo - Jun 27, 2012
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Birmingham confirm signing of midfielder Ferguson - Jul 18, 2009
- Chelsea lose at home to Villa - Jan 01, 2012
- Rule on fielding full-strength teams in EPL to be relaxed - Jul 15, 2011
- Leeds rewarded with trip to Spurs - Jan 04, 2010
- Capello backs Rooney to fire in England's Denmark friendly - Feb 09, 2011