Lalit Bhanot’s bail plea rejectedJuly 5th, 2011 - 12:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday rejected the bail plea of former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (OC) secretary general Lalit Bhanot, arrested for alleged irregularities in a deal with a Swiss firm for the sporting event last year.
“I find no merit in the bail application moved by the accused Bhanot, therefore his bail application is dismissed,” Justice Mukta Gupta said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had arrested Bhanot and OC director general V.K. Verma on Feb 23.
Both were arrested for alleged irregularities in awarding a Rs.107 crore contract to Switzerland-based firm Swiss Timing Ltd in procuring the Timing, Scoring and Result (TSR) system for the Commonwealth Games.
- CWG scam: Lalit Bhanot's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to judicial custody till Mar. 29 - Mar 15, 2011
- CWG case: Bhanot, Verma's judicial custody extended - May 05, 2011
- CWG scam: Congress distances itself from Kalmadi - Feb 23, 2011
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to Tihar Jail till Mar. 15 - Mar 01, 2011
- CWG scam: After Kalmadi gets bail, Bhanot moves plea - Jan 19, 2012
- CBI arrests Bhanot, Verma in CWG scam - Feb 23, 2011
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma to be produced in court - Feb 24, 2011
- Award of contract to Swiss Timing transparent, says Bhanot - Aug 03, 2012
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to five-days CBI custody - Feb 24, 2011
- Bail plea of Lalit Bhanot, Verma dismissed - Apr 29, 2011
- After Kalmadi, his aides Bhanot, Jayachandran get bail (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Court dismisses bail pleas of Bhanot, Verma (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- CWG scam: Defiant Kalmadi says ready to face any probe - Mar 05, 2011
- CBI charge sheet on Games' time equipment scam by May 23 - May 09, 2011
Tags: bail plea, cbi, central bureau of investigation, commonwealth games, crore, delhi high court, director general, gupta, irregularities, lalit bhanot, mukta, New Delhi, organising committee, secretary general, swiss firm, swiss timing ltd, switzerland, v k verma