Lakers make Jerry Buss proudJune 15th, 2009 - 4:46 pm ICT by GD
Los Angeles’ cornerstone sports franchise is once again champion of the NBA. With this eventful victory, the Lakers’ seven year itch is no longer bothering them and they have finally tasted success after their redemption. This title twin for Los Angeles’ cornerstone is for the 15th time in the franchise history. It has happened for the fourth time in this decade and the first time since 2002 and finally the Lakers’ celebrated their victory on Sunday night. It was a toast to their resilience and reinvention.
Kobe Bryant has been a major contributor to this victory. His teams’ 99-86 victory over the Orlando Magic in the NBA finals saw him leaping and pumping his right arm four times — one for each ring. He then got mobbed by his team mates.
Bryant was found dazed and smiling after their teams’ win and said “This feels like a dream.” He was seen smiling for the first time in a week. This wait made him feel the victory must be an illusion and commented, “This doesn’t feel real.” Similar words came from Phil Jackson, their coach. “It’s surreal” said Jackson who becomes the greatest championship coach in NBA history, his 10th title surpassing the nine titles won by the Boston Celtics’ Red Auerbach.
This victory made history and was celebrated with champagnes.
Bryant is more relieved than anyone else in his team. This time he got to win without former team mate and nemesis Shaquille O’Neal. Talking about his unburdened feeling Bryant said “I just don’t have to hear that criticism, that idiotic criticism, anymore.”
- Los Angeles Lakers win NBA championship - Jun 15, 2009
- NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal announces retirement after 19 years - Jun 02, 2011
- Shaquille O'Neal's book talks about his Lakers exit - Nov 08, 2011
- Kobe Bryant Elected As The NBA Player Of The Decade - Feb 15, 2010
- Los Angeles Lakers Steal The Show - Oct 27, 2010
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- Shannon Brown Stars In Los Angeles Lakers Win - Oct 27, 2010
- Shaquille O'Neal & Va'Shaundya O'Neal getting divorced - Nov 11, 2009
- Kobe Bryant Hits Back In Los Angeles Lakers Vs Pheonix Suns Game - May 18, 2010
- Ron Artest wants to change his name to 'Metta World Peace' - Jun 24, 2011
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- Pau Gasol Steals The Show In NBA Finals Game 7 - Jun 18, 2010
- Thousands Of Fans Attend Los Angeles Lakers Victory Parade - Jun 22, 2010
- NBA Free Agency: Rudy Gay Goes To Memphis Grizzlies At $80 million - Jul 02, 2010
- Los Angeles Lakers Get Sweet Revenge On Old Rivals - Jun 18, 2010
Tags: boston celtics, champagnes, cornerstone, former team, franchise history, jerry buss, kobe bryant, nba finals, nba history, nemesis, orlando magic, phil jackson, redemption, resilience, right arm, shaquille o neal, similar words, sports franchise, team mate, team mates