Lakers and Magic all set for the NBA FinalsMay 31st, 2009 - 10:16 pm ICT by GD
The stage for the NBA finals is all set, and the two teams that will be competing for the coveted title will be the Los Angeles Lakers and the Orlando Magic. Though the much more anticipated Lakers v/s Cavaliers or to be more exact LeBron James v/s Kobe Bryant clash did not happen, but however, this does not at all imply that the finals will be not interesting and exciting.
As always and before any finals, the expectations, the predictions and the questions are there. Will Dwight Howard the Orlando Magic, powerhouse be able to lead his team to their very first NBA championship or will the player for all seasons, Kobe Bryant help Lakers to the title, which they missed last season?
For the coming finals of which the Games 1 and 2 are on Thursday and next Sunday at Staples Center, the Lakers will be in much better shape in comparison to last year as they will be having a home-court advantage over the Cavaliers.
Following the starting two games, the middle three games will be played at Orlando while for the last 2 remaining games, both the teams will be retuning to Staples Center. Of course, the number of the games will be played will depending on how many will be needed to settle the title out of the “best of seven series.”
The odds being in favor of the Los Angeles Lakers and moreover with the home court advantage, the Lakers certainly stand out as favorites to to take take the championship. To stop them from doing so, the Orlando Magic need some sort of magic, but in games one can never tell, they are full of those “magical moments.”
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal announces retirement after 19 years - Jun 02, 2011
- Kobe Bryant Elected As The NBA Player Of The Decade - Feb 15, 2010
- James, Bryant named Players of the Week - Jan 10, 2012
- NBA Free Agency: Rudy Gay Goes To Memphis Grizzlies At $80 million - Jul 02, 2010
- Thousands Of Fans Attend Los Angeles Lakers Victory Parade - Jun 22, 2010
- Jerry West Speaks On Kobe Bryant And The Celtics - Jun 04, 2010
- Spain, Argentina bring high hopes to Olympic basketball - Jul 28, 2012
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- Lakers knock off Nuggets, return to NBA finals - May 30, 2009
- Los Angeles Lakers Steal The Show - Oct 27, 2010
- Ring Ceremony Before Houston Rockets - Los Angeles Lakers Clash - Oct 27, 2010
- Los Angeles Lakers win NBA championship - Jun 15, 2009
- L.A. Lakers defeats Orlando Magic in Game 1 of NBA Finals - Jun 05, 2009
Tags: cavaliers, clash, dwight howard, home court advantage, james v, kobe bryant, lebron james, los angeles lakers, magical moments, nba championship, nba finals, odds, orlando magic, powerhouse, remaining games, shape, staples center, three games, two games