Lahore Badshah Inzamam challenges Pakistan cricket teamNovember 18th, 2008 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Nov 18 (IANS) Pakistan’s cricketers have been complaining of lack of cricket throughout 2008 and are of the view that their preparations for the important home series against India early next year would remain incomplete without proper match practice.With international teams preferring to stay away from Pakistan because of security fears, it seems that the national cricketers have no option but to wait for the home series against India early 2009.
But ask former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq and he will tell you that the issue can be resolved without much effort.
“If the Pakistan team thinks it is short on match practice, then it can play a series of matches against Lahore Badshahs,” said Inzamam, who led the team to an impressive title-winning triumph in the recent season of the breakaway Indian Cricket League (ICL).
Inzamam pointed out that Badshahs have a number of quality players and can provide tough competition to Shoaib Malik-led Pakistan.
“Playing for Pakistan is the biggest honour because nothing can match it,” said Inzamam. “But people in Pakistan also love Lahore Badshahs which is why I believe matches between Pakistan and Badshahs will been keenly followed by cricket fans all over the country,” he said.
However, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is unlikely to consider this idea because it doesn’t recognise the rebel ICL. In fact it has banned all players linked to ICL.
Inzamam also said that Malik is taking Pakistan cricket towards destruction by failing to take along the team’s senior players. Supporting star batsman Mohammad Yousuf’s claim that Malik is disrespectful towards seniors, Inzamam said that no team can do well without complete unity.
- Inzamam blames Yousuf absence for Pakistan's humiliating defeat - Jan 24, 2009
- Inzamam blasts PCB for dividing Pak team into Afridi and Misbah camps - Jan 25, 2011
- Pakistan should not get carried away by T20 triumph over Oz, say former greats - Jul 08, 2010
- 'In form' Kamran, Malik disappointed over exclusion from Test, T20 squads for NZ tour - Dec 02, 2010
- Delay in naming captain will hamper Pakistan's chances: Inzamam - Jan 24, 2011
- Pakistan's run-away wicketkeeper Zulqarnain plans to go home - Apr 18, 2011
- Inzamam criticizes PCB for its 'unprofessional behaviour' - Apr 11, 2009
- Pakistan to have task force for players' safety - Nov 23, 2011
- Woolmer made a big contribution to Pak cricket: Inzamam - Mar 19, 2011
- Inzamam says Pak should win World Cup for Woolmer - Feb 21, 2011
- Pakistan's ICL players facing bleak future - Jan 11, 2009
- Inzamam blasts Afridi for his 'disservice' to Pak cricket - Feb 02, 2010
- ICC warns players against joining American Premier League - Apr 25, 2009
- Controversial run-outs unjustified: Dhoni - Feb 26, 2012
- Lahore Badhshahs eye ICL crown - Oct 05, 2008