Lahiri back in lead at BILT Open golfDecember 27th, 2008 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Dec 27 (IANS) Anirban Lahiri stayed ahead of the field with a total score of 17 under at the end of day three of the BILT Open golf at the Jaypee Greens Golf Resort here Saturday.The Bangalore-based professional began the third round with a total of 13 under and managed to complete 16 holes of round three before the play was called off due to fading light. His third round effort was punctuated by birdies on the first, fourth, fifth, sixth, eighth, ninth, 15th, a bogey on the 12th and a double bogey on the seventh.
Lahiri had fired four birdies against a lone bogey on the first 10 holes of second round when the play was suspended due to fading light Friday evening.
The 21-year-old consolidated his position with three more birdies (second, fourth and ninth) Saturday morning before wrapping up his second round.
Thirty-eight professionals out of a total of 53 completed round three as there was a delay of one hour and 25 minutes in the morning due to fog.
Jeev Milkha Singh has the second best overall score of 14 under at the moment after completing 16 holes in round three. He began the third round at 11 under and went on to make eagle on the 15th, birdies on the fourth, ninth, 12th and bogeys on the seventh and 13th.
Rahil Gangjee’s 12 under is the next best total. He made four birdies against one bogey after 17 holes in round three. Rahil, playing in the same group as Anirban and Jeev, completed the 17th hole, while Jeev marked his ball on the 17th green and Anirban marked it just off the same green.
Gaganjeet Bhullar, who shot his third successive 68, took his total to 12 under 204 to be the leader among all those who have finished round three. Bhullar made four birdies in the third round.
Jyoti Randhawa (68, 69, 68) and Shiv Kapur (68, 69, 70) also completed the third round and had totals of 11 under 205 and nine under 207, respectively.
- Lahiri leads pack at SAIL-SBI Open golf - Feb 23, 2012
- Rohana snatches dramatic win in PGTI golf - Aug 10, 2012
- Ajeetesh, Jaini finish third and fourth at Sail Open golf - Mar 25, 2011
- Jyoti Randhawa leads DLF Masters - Sep 17, 2010
- 'Lucky' Lahiri wins Sail-SBI open golf - Feb 26, 2012
- Jeetesh and Jaini lead Indian charge at SAIL Open golf - Mar 24, 2011
- PGTI Players Championship: Lahiri leads by two strokes - Jul 01, 2010
- Bhullar bags eighth PGTI title - May 07, 2010
- Lahiri moves to top, Malik close second in BILT Open golf - Oct 29, 2010
- Two shot lead for Arjun Sharma in North India golf - Mar 13, 2012
- Kapur best Indian at tied 13th, Manassero wins Malaysian Open - Apr 17, 2011
- Lahiri fires 69 to take lead - Aug 09, 2012
- Louis Phillippe Golf: Ahmedabad top leader board - Mar 08, 2012
- Shiv Kapur and Gaganjeet Bhullar make the cut - Apr 29, 2011
- Digvijay Singh wins Panasonic Open India - Apr 01, 2012