L.A. Lakers defeats Orlando Magic in Game 1 of NBA FinalsJune 5th, 2009 - 5:01 pm ICT by GD
The Los Angeles Lakers booked their place in the NBA Championship finals for the second-straight season by beating Denver Nuggets 119-92 on Friday in Game 6 of the Western Conference Championship. Kobe Bryant finished the game with 35 points 10 assists and six rebounds.
This Thursday, Lakers will be playing host to Orlando Magic for the first game of the finals. For Lakers this game will mark their 30th return to the Finals in their entire history. Magic, on the other hand, will be playing in the championship finals for the first time since his maiden final in 1995. At that time, the Magics were ‘hurricaned’ by the Houston Rockets.
Certainly and as always, the Lakers are the favorites to win the Championship. All the odds seem to be in favor of the Los Angeles Lakers and moreover with the home court advantage, the Lakers certainly do have all the experience and ammunition to win the championship.
For the Lakers, it is not about just winning the championship, for them the championship means much more: it will be about legacy, pride and immortality. And the Lakers also will be playing to make up for their loss in last year’s finals. Hence, stopping them will not be an easy job for the Magics. It will be enough if they ensure that they are not run over by the L.A. Lakers.
According to the latest update, the L.A. Lakers demolished Orlando with a score of 100-75 in Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Kobe Bryant scored 40 points, eight assists and eight rebounds to lift his first win in the best of seven finals.
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal announces retirement after 19 years - Jun 02, 2011
- Lakers knock off Nuggets, return to NBA finals - May 30, 2009
- Los Angeles Lakers Get Sweet Revenge On Old Rivals - Jun 18, 2010
- James, Bryant named Players of the Week - Jan 10, 2012
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Bryant overtakes Jordan to lead NBA All-Star score - Feb 27, 2012
- Kobe Bryant is suffering from concussion - Feb 29, 2012
- Ty Lawson Helped Denver Nuggests Win Against Lakers - Oct 24, 2009
- Los Angeles Lakers Crush Boston Celtics In Game 6 - Jun 16, 2010
- Lakers and Magic all set for the NBA Finals - May 31, 2009
- The Lakers Versus Suns Crunch - May 28, 2010
- Shannon Brown Steals The Show With His Crazy Dunks - Jun 16, 2010
- Los Angeles Lakers win NBA championship - Jun 15, 2009
- Lakers edge Magic to take 2-0 lead in Finals - Jun 08, 2009
Tags: ammunition, assists, denver nuggets, easy job, first game, game 1, home court advantage, houston rockets, immortality, kobe bryant, l a lakers, legacy, los angeles lakers, magics, nba championship, nba finals, odds, orlando magic, rebounds, straight season